Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire with Tiger CF Props

Oh I know, the few times I have flown at sea level the difference was very noticeable. However, my quads fly well at this elevation so, for the sake of discussion, if you were going to fine tune a prop for the thinner air, where would you start?

Oh I know, the few times I have flown at sea level the difference was very noticeable. However, my quads fly well at this elevation so, for the sake of discussion, if you were going to fine tune a prop for the thinner air, where would you start?
Well, as you are no doubt aware, high elevation will play havoc with your flight times. The problem you have with the inspire is not really knowing the nuts and bolts of it all. Because it is an 'off the shelf/RTF' quad little is known about it's internals. We do know the KV rating of the motors and you could try swapping out some parameters in eCalc to see what territory that takes you. There is a field for elevation within eCalc that will adjust for thinness of air up there!

http://www.ecalc.ch/

I put Tiger CF 14 in Props on my inspire. Looks great so far. Maiden flight tomorrow.

Anyone has done it already ? Tips, feedback, etc ?

Thanks
let us know how it goes,
theoretically, a bigger prop spinning slower to move the same air can use less current. I dont know what other effects there will be on the motors though,

the only good reason I can see to change them ATM is to find a backup for when the original I1 props become hard to find.

Dont let anyone put you off experimentation, when the P1 came out, people changed the props and motors and managed to get better flight times out of it. so you never know.......... just be ready to land QUICKLY if it goes wrong

Don't worry m00se, nobody will put me off :)

Good point regarding the P1.

Will provide feedback asap.

Don't forget you are flying out of spec for the Inspire (which is rated at 4,500asl) so you are in uncharted territory a bit. Your motors will need to work harder/spin faster just to maintain lift.
4500 m AMSL which is 14,763 ft

Ok Guys, did the test flights.

Results:
-Quieter and nicer sound.
-More precise handling, sharper reaction.
-Faster, 21 m/s vs 18 m/s in GPS mode.
-Hovering time with TB 48 battery 19.14 mins vs. 17.10 mins with standard props. Both batteries with 7 cycles and 100% life.
-NO jello. With standard props always had little if not much.

Better looking (in my humble opinion)

All in all, a very worthy upgrade, if not cheap. About 200 Euros.

Reactions: Kirk Pleasant

Results:
-Hovering time with TB 48 battery 19.14 mins vs. 17.10 mins with standard props. Both batteries with 7 cycles and 100% life.

Can you post your flight logs to show the time difference?

Reactions: sirnikolas

Results:

Did you need to buy anything else to fit the props?
Do you still require the prop locks?

If you can please post a link where you bought them from it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Well, as you are no doubt aware, high elevation will play havoc with your flight times. The problem you have with the inspire is not really knowing the nuts and bolts of it all. Because it is an 'off the shelf/RTF' quad little is known about it's internals. We do know the KV rating of the motors and you could try swapping out some parameters in eCalc to see what territory that takes you. There is a field for elevation within eCalc that will adjust for thinness of air up there!

http://www.ecalc.ch/
can you maybe tell me where i can find the KV rating of the motors? i might have missed a spot on the specs sheet...

Results:

nice :)
can you please repost the link again??

can you maybe tell me where i can find the KV rating of the motors? i might have missed a spot on the specs sheet...
They are 3510/350's (top of the motors in very small print)
Although they are not standard fit 3510 but that's DJI for you!

They are 3510/350's (top of the motors in very small print)
Although they are not standard fit 3510 but that's DJI for you!
i could not find any small imprint... only that i should make sure i tighten the props good... that is the olny thing on them... maybe i have different versions and they did not label them anymore...

Finally, the Tiger props are far stiffer than stock and you will see an increase in jello since they are far less forgiving than hybrid props with a little flex in them.

It's your Inspire though..... so enjoy.

What does stiffer props have to so with jello effect. i thought I understood what jello effect was from but after reading this, perhaps I do not.

i think nothing at all. jello is made with unbalanced props no matter if stiff or not... if the are balanced in horizontal AND vertical in the middle then there will be no jello... ever...

Any US online retailers for the prop adapters? Does RCTIGER sell identical ones?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela