Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire X3 not compatible with OSMO handle

I don't think they will start shipping the "handle only" orders until they have the firmware ready. They must have thousands of "handle only" orders sitting there, so the pressure will be on them to get the firmware done so that they can get their $$. They haven't taken the $$ off my credit card yet - which I guess is a good thing - order placed 15th Oct
Originally we were all grumbling that there was no "handle only" available when OSMO was released. Maybe they made the handle only orders available a bit too soon (to appease I1 owners) - and the firmware upgrade is taking longer.
All frustrating but as they say - patience is a virtue - and I'm sure it will be worth waiting for in the end.
It's the Inspire one roll out debacle all over again. The Christmas or New Year that never was. This time I ordered the handle and all the do dads that go with it and if I have this thing in my hand by Christmas I will be surprised for sure. I ain't gonna let DJI do me again this time.....I am having patients and expecting nothing from them guys....or girls....or whatever.

I thought the OSMO used it's own firmware with in the Go App. In the app better known as the DJI GO App, It should have had a selection for this. Nice tutorial on the OSMO though. I hope it will be there soon! We can only hope! At least by the holidays!

Last edited:
Hear is the answer from DJI yesterday:

Firmware support for the Inspire 1, Zenmuse X3 gimbal and camera will be released at the end of November. Stay tuned.

This's kind of good news for us. And we just hope they can make it sooner. mayby i will have an osmo handle before the update released

My Osmo was working fine until I tried to use Inspire X3 on it. It was beeping the same way it would if it was updating the firmware but I didn't choose to update the Osmo firmware when I was prompted. I let it sit for 10min beeping. Now, Osmo doesn't turn on anymore with either its X3 or Inspire X3. You can hear the hum but no movement or green light indicator on the handle. It's still broadcasting wifi I'd and the Go App thinks that it's connected to a Phantom.

Now the Inspire X3 view is upside down when it's connected to the Inspire. I got my Osmo last Monday. I had the latest firmware file as of last Monday on the memory card in the Inspire X3. Contacted DJI and they said they'll look into it which probably means absolutely nothing having dealt with them in the past.

SHORT VERSION

Put Inspire X3 on Osmo.
Osmo doesn't turn on anymore with either gimbals.
Inspire X3 now shows upside down view on the Inspire.
Just reset the camera in I1

it was the same for me, this afternoon in the fields I had to fly
with my iPad blocked upside down to see the real picture ;-)
so I followed your advice and it worked great,
Osmo and I1 camera view all back to normal.
Thanks a lot « badbiggz »
Not a problem...Glad to help a fellow owner

My OSMO ships today, hopefully I will have it by Friday before I leave for Hawaii for Thanksgiving and Xmas with my family and flying and filming :)

Any updates on this matter? I have found someone who's willing to sell me just the Osmo handle kit because they broke the camera. Are we just waiting for the firmware update? It otherwise fits on fine?

Any updates on this matter? I have found someone who's willing to sell me just the Osmo handle kit because they broke the camera. Are we just waiting for the firmware update? It otherwise fits on fine?

I don't have an Osmo but I believe the latest firmware update for the Inspire has the upgrade in it for using the Inspire X3 on the handle. As for whether it all works, I haven't seen any posts yet

I don't have an Osmo but I believe the latest firmware update for the Inspire has the upgrade in it for using the Inspire X3 on the handle. As for whether it all works, I haven't seen any posts yet
You would be correct, However,I have tried them both and so far no issues. You will have to re calibrate the X3 from your I1 after it's attached to the OSMO.. Remember the OSMO X3 is not compatible with the Inspire 1.

Last edited:
I also got the inspire x3 to work on the osmo. In some ways it actually works better than the Osmo x3 since I can now record in 4096 24p without the camera crashing.

Reactions: Kilrah
They're different because the Inspire X3 is designed to have a longer focal point and deeper depth of field than the Osmo X3 I believe. I imagine DJI are holding off on releasing the handle only till the firmware is ready

Reactions: online421
I see from the announcement on the DJI forum that a firmware update is needed and it's being worked on.

Some people seem to be panicing and saying it's not compatible full stop. Which is not true.

As long as they get the firmware out before the handle only kit ships - which Marionville models say will be towards end of Nov, we should be OK.

Of course, it will be an issue if they don't get firmware out for then!

Hi there, I just got my Inspire and want to get the Osmo handle for the x3 camera. Has DJI come out with a compatible firmware as of July 2017?

Thanks for your help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo