Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire1 Firmware update v1.5

Just to add to this thread, I contacted local DJI Dealer who informed me they have had a number of Inspire 1 owners contact them with similar issues. So I guess it's not as isolated as some may think.

One thing for sure though is there are too many versions Inspire with x3 Inslpire with x3 and also upgraded withx5 and Inspire Pro.

I have the original Inspire 1 with x3 and the latest update has killed it. Just waiting to see if dealer has a solution.

Here is the answer I got directly from DJI:

Here is the release note for Inspire 1 Pro&X5. In v1.2.0.50 firmware, the battery part is the same with the Inspire 1 v1.5.0.30 firmware (actually except for the gimbal&camera part, the firmware for Inspire 1 and for Inspire 1 Pro should be the same).​

So you only need to install the X5 on Inspire 1 aircraft and update to v1.2.0.50.​

Bonus points to DJI for a rapid response and for providing the release note.
Andy

By way of setting the scene, there seem to be three different models of Inspire 1:
  1. Inspire 1 with X3.
  2. Inspire 1 upgraded to X5 (so owners have both X3 and X5).
  3. Inspire 1 Pro that comes with X5

I have the second item: I1 upgraded to X5 so I have both an X3 and an X5.

Currently, there are two choices for firmware:
  1. Inspire 1 Firmware v.1.5.0.30 (see Inspire 1 - Specs, FAQ, manual, video tutorials and DJI GO | DJI) with Inspire 1 release note dated 2015-12-07, on the same page as this firmware. This release note says: "2. The X3 gimbal on the Inspire 1 is now compatible with the Osmo. Note that you must attach X3
    gimbal to the Inspire 1 before updating the firmware
    ."
  2. Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.2.0.50 (see Zenmuse X5’s specifications, FAQ, video tutorials, and DJI GO | DJI). No release note has been provided so one cannot be too sure whether it should be used for model 2. or 3. or both above.
So, if I understand this correctly, and right now I'm not sure I do, then what I have to do is:
  1. Hang the X3 camera on the inspire and update to version 1.5.0.30.
  2. Then cycle through all six batteries in turn (the Release Note indicates that "2. Battery firmware is included in this All-in-One firmware update. Update all Intelligent Flight Batteries by using this firmware."
  3. Then hang the X5 camera on the Inspire and update to version 1.2.0.50. (If I don't do this then how will the X5 get updated -- and without a release note who knows what it's updating?)
Add to that the contents of this thread: FW 1.2.0.50 - Do not update | Page 2 | DJI Inspire Forum which suggests that 1.2.0.50 "refers to the X5 camera firmware version".

InterMurph wrote:
"Because the latest aircraft firmware is included in today's Pro firmware release, the solution is simple: all X5 owners should download today's Inspire 1 Pro update (v1.2.0.50), and everything should be up to date. Your aircraft should end up at version 1.5.0.30, and your camera should end up at version 1.2.0.50. And the DJI Go app should not complain about needing an update."​

But then how do I update the X3?

I'd really love to avoid the "I've totally bricked my Inspire 1" posting.

Note to DJI: Please clarify what is going with the three different models and the two different firmware versions, one without a Release Note.

Bonus points to Intermurph for only using the word "fiasco." I can think of other F-words that might also apply. (Moderators: Think "Folly," "Foolishness" -- I'm sure there must be others... :rolleyes:)

For now, I'm applying the age-old philosophy: If in doubt, do nothing. In fact I would leave things as they are -- except for the fact that DJI's Auto-Brick feature will prevent the Inspire 1 from flying if I don't do something.

All this on top of the FAA's sUAV registration....sigh...
Andy.

Attachments

• DJI Release Note for v1.2.0.50.jpg
    DJI Release Note for v1.2.0.50.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 13

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide