My short about our local fire department is finally done. This piece began life on January 28th as the first real-world test of how I could get the Inspire to duplicate typical jib and dolly moves. I had the unit for less than 2 weeks and had been training with my buddy Jamie as a two-man team… he was pilot and me on camera. What a great way to shoot! Splitting the AC workflow into those roles is such a natural way of working, and for an initial test the results were so encouraging that I took the project deeper into an area that I’d always been fascinated with… firefighter readiness. I cut most of it in March but put it on hold until last week when I had the opportunity to shoot recruit training exercises… here’s the result. Was super fun to make this and I look forward to doing more of this kind of thing with the bird. Terrestrial footage shot primarily with a GH4 with a Letus Helix gimbal. Some b-roll was shot with the Sony RX100m3 on a Pilotfly H1. I cannot believe the quality of tools we have access to these days.