Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspired by my local fire department.

Reaction score
My short about our local fire department is finally done. This piece began life on January 28th as the first real-world test of how I could get the Inspire to duplicate typical jib and dolly moves. I had the unit for less than 2 weeks and had been training with my buddy Jamie as a two-man team… he was pilot and me on camera. What a great way to shoot! Splitting the AC workflow into those roles is such a natural way of working, and for an initial test the results were so encouraging that I took the project deeper into an area that I’d always been fascinated with… firefighter readiness.

I cut most of it in March but put it on hold until last week when I had the opportunity to shoot recruit training exercises… here’s the result. Was super fun to make this and I look forward to doing more of this kind of thing with the bird.

Terrestrial footage shot primarily with a GH4 with a Letus Helix gimbal. Some b-roll was shot with the Sony RX100m3 on a Pilotfly H1. I cannot believe the quality of tools we have access to these days.

Reactions: damoncooper
Gary,

I truly enjoy watching anything you post on here and in RCG. Truly professional production and an inspiration to us wannabes that are interested in getting better. BTW, in my next life I want to be a firefighter. :cool:

Gary,

I truly enjoy watching anything you post on here and in RCG. Truly professional production and an inspiration to us wannabes that are interested in getting better. BTW, in my next life I want to be a firefighter. :cool:

Thanks! I'm having such a great time learning how to use this bird and doing things that used to be either very difficult, way too expensive, or downright impossible.

And regarding being a firefighter... MAN THAT'S HARD WORK! Watching them wrestling those hoses around kinda spooked me. Those things are almost alive. Those guys sure know what they're doing. Amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool