Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Introducing the first RAW Timelapse and Hyperlapse shot with an Inspire!!!

Reaction score
Have a look of a true aerial night time hyperlapse and time-lapse shot with the Inspire. I used AutoFlight Logic's Autopilot and an interval of 2-3 seconds to create this. This was all shot in RAW. Watch in full HD with quality speakers. Enjoy :)

Nice work!!! Just curious if the Inspire 1 is capable of shooting the time lapse sequence using a 2-3 second interval in an automated fashion, or if you had to manually press the shutter button? I thought the minimum time lapse interval was 5 seconds.

Thanks guys! And yes Captain Crunch you are right, DJI Pilot app doesn't allow for interval shooting less than 5 seconds, which is why I used the continuous photo option offered in AutoFlight Logic's Autopilot, it allows for 1 second, 2, second, and 3 second intervals. It is buggy however depending on how fast a sd card you use.....camera write often fails if the write speed can't keep up and you usually have to quit and restart the app.

Nice shots! Definitely makes for a unique video experience. Have you found AutoFlight buggy overall, or just the continuous photo option?

Nice shots! Definitely makes for a unique video experience. Have you found AutoFlight buggy overall, or just the continuous photo option?

"Buggy" should not refer to a condition that exists because supporting hardware is not fast enough to do the job. If a window pain of glass breaks because a tennis ball is thrown thru it...does that make it "buggy"? Thicker glass...faster sd card are better solutions. "Buggy" should be left to things that just plain don't work correctly.

Reactions: m00se
Interesting, although I would call it "hyperkinetic", too much movement on the edit to my taste.

Have a look of a true aerial night time hyperlapse and time-lapse shot with the Inspire. I used AutoFlight Logic's Autopilot and an interval of 2-3 seconds to create this. This was all shot in RAW. Watch in full HD with quality speakers. Enjoy :)

I have AutoFlight Logic's Autopilot and love it. I can see the parameter for shooting interval shots, but not where you can control the length of time between shots. Where did you adjust that? Great work by the way.

Thanks everybody. Regarding the question on using AF, I believe the latest version ( 3.5) doesn't include interval time lapse shots anymore, really strange......I'm assuming it's because it is not as popular as their other features. I bet they can incorporate it back if people request it again.

I hope To make a tutorial on a step by step process in the future , but really all I did was construct the shots in AE first and adjusted using Adobe CameraRaw. From there I just exported and brought it into premiere for the editing.

Right now I'm using the X5R and I find it easier to get timelapse/hyperlapse shots since I can record in 24p or 30p in RAW, speed up the shots, and stabilize for achievably the same result.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Busch

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont