Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Invalid SD card

Reaction score
There are a couple of posts about this problem but no definitive answers. OSMO has started showing "invalid sd card" warning. It has happened a few times lately. Sometimes shutting down the OSMO and also closing the app and rebooting clears the issue, sometimes not. The annoying thing is it will not let you continue to record or even format the card. Weird thing today, I shut down the app and turned off my phone, pressed record and it started recording! even though I couldn't see what I was recording the camera and card worked fine.Anyone with any ideas? It can't be the card type as I have recorded on the same card many times before with no issues.

There are a couple of posts about this problem but no definitive answers. OSMO has started showing "invalid sd card" warning. It has happened a few times lately. Sometimes shutting down the OSMO and also closing the app and rebooting clears the issue, sometimes not. The annoying thing is it will not let you continue to record or even format the card. Weird thing today, I shut down the app and turned off my phone, pressed record and it started recording! even though I couldn't see what I was recording the camera and card worked fine.Anyone with any ideas? It can't be the card type as I have recorded on the same card many times before with no issues.
It CAN actually be the card.
Where did you get the card from? There are thousands of counterfeit MicroSD cards out there and even Amazon has been caught out before unknowingly - there's some VERY good copies out there.
The problem is:

1. They report their size as the actual stated capacity on the cover when in reality they are smaller (this will not show up by just plugging it into a PC/Mac and looking at the size available etc.
2. The blocks fail prematurely (which maybe happening to yours) and the software on the card writes out those locations on the card so the card still reports it is fine and has the stated capacity. What it is doing in reality is overwriting data already stored on the card.
3. The dodgy cards are nowhere near their stated speed.

Just try another (or two cards) - memory is cheap.
If the problem goes away you have a duff/counterfeit card - throw it away!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian