Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Invoices

Reaction score
Guys

I have quite a few recurring clients I do work for(which is a good problem to have in business!!) however...

I need to keep tabs on them once I have sent them an invoice to make sure they have paid. Not that they are bad people they just sometimes "forget".

Does any one use an app/program or similar to auto send invoices that keeps sending email "reminders" until the invoice is paid? Any recommendations?

Its getting tiresome and time consuming trawling emails to see who has paid or not!!

Guys

I have quite a few recurring clients I do work for(which is a good problem to have in business!!) however...

I need to keep tabs on them once I have sent them an invoice to make sure they have paid. Not that they are bad people they just sometimes "forget".

Does any one use an app/program or similar to auto send invoices that keeps sending email "reminders" until the invoice is paid? Any recommendations?

Its getting tiresome and time consuming trawling emails to see who has paid or not!!

Call me old fashioned but it's really very simple if you print off a copy of the invoices.

Put them in a file marked 'Client Invoices' which is then divided into 'UNPAID' and 'PAID'. When the client pays write 'PAID' on the relevant invoice and transfer it to the 'PAID' section of the file. If you have a lot of invoices / clients then you can set up separate paid / unpaid files and within those file alphabetically or by client name. Check the unpaid section/file regularly to send clients reminders.

You could of course do this with computerised folders or use a simple accounts software package such as Quick Books. It all depends on the scale of your business.

Call me old fashioned but it's really very simple if you print off a copy of the invoices.

Put them in a file marked 'Client Invoices' which is then divided into 'UNPAID' and 'PAID'. When the client pays write 'PAID' on the relevant invoice and transfer it to the 'PAID' section of the file. If you have a lot of invoices / clients then you can set up separate paid / unpaid files and within those file alphabetically or by client name. Check the unpaid section/file regularly to send clients reminders.

You could of course do this with computerised folders or use a simple accounts software package such as Quick Books. It all depends on the scale of your business.

Yes very simple ....... The above is exactly what I do. However this will not constantly show up in the clients inbox until he pays/remembers.
The above does not work when Im on location for 10 days with limited mobile phone and internet.
Hence the auto send/remind part of my original post

Quickbooks online has drastically simplified running my business and it's like $10-12 month. Accept bank transfers and credit cards. No-brainier just start now.
Thanks

See its us company. Rather deal with a Uk based company. May have to use quickbooks if there is no uk alternative..

Yes very simple ....... The above is exactly what I do. However this will not constantly show up in the clients inbox until he pays/remembers.
The above does not work when Im on location for 10 days with limited mobile phone and internet.

Okay see your problem. This is another online option you may like to investigate:

Online Accounting Software – Free Trial, Free Support | Xero

Simon

many thanks. As always I love the guys (the safe and sensible ones anyway) on here that looks ideal.

21st century drones but 18th century booking keeping.

Times they are a changing......

I use Sage online (again £12 per month) and with this you set your terms of trade to however many days you want, it will then track and remind you how many days overdue invoices are.
It will also generate sequential PDF invoices (you just type in the figures) and you can apply your own logo etc.
Not sure it will auto generated reminders though (except to yourself so you can chase) but it does auto email the invoices to the client etc.

Reactions: tweaker
I built a simple but effective accounts programme in Excel for £0 and it's been underpinning our company for nearly 20 years.

I wouldn't use a such tool. Let's say you are out on a job, the customer pays and your tool is still sending reminders until you are back.

I send (manually triggered in my software) up to 3 reminders (every 7 to 14 days) and after that -> lawyer.

Chris

Sorry but no money no footage.
Get a deposit before the work is done, once you complete the stuff. send them low res watermarked version to prove its done, when they pay, they can have the good stuff.

It really gets on my tits, once people have had your stuff, its a LOT harder for them to pay up a month after when they've got what they wanted from you and your work has been digested.

Another tactic is to inbuild interest into your contract terms and invoice conditions.
Then if an Invoice remains unpaid after a pre determined time you send them an 'updated Invoice with the interest applied.
Usually a 'growing debt' gets things moving.
Also colour your invoice headers red and have the word 'Outstanding' or 'Overdue' Invoice in capitals in subject header

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo