Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iOS Pilot App 1.2.0 Available on App Store

Ohhhhhh my GOD !! Tomorrow i going to pack my ipad air and for sales !!:(

And it still happens to me with the update . . .
I test mine on monday and see how .. i actually was thinking of hardware faliue at the 1st them i even open the rear cover to inspect the ribbon cable... everything look perfectly fine... luckly mine one happen only for 1 or 2 sec and get everything back... but i do try on my andriod device it work great.

Hate to knock the wind out of everyone's sails, when a firmware update is available u will see the update notice on your IOS device. We are all anxious for what's been promise!

You should rather try another tablet first. Other people with iOS devices have no problem, so maybe your controller/aircraft is what is faulty.

Some folks are complaining that Custom video channels are no longer with 1.2. Anyone who has flown with it care to check? I find it hard to believe.

yes sire, just tested it, auto always selected no way to change it.

What the heck is wrong with DJI's quality assurance team?

Or maybe it's on purpose? First they cut the available custom bands. Now they disable custom band selection altogether. Next release maybe they'll remove the panel altogether so it's only auto with no visibility into bands at all. Sigh.

No sure if it's related to the update. Flew today. Temp was 75. I've flown in warmer weather with no issues. After 10 mins of flying my iPad shutoff stating that it was too hot. Of course this didn't effect the I1 but I landed it ASAP just to be safe.

No sure if it's related to the update. Flew today. Temp was 75. I've flown in warmer weather with no issues. After 10 mins of flying my iPad shutoff stating that it was too hot. Of course this didn't effect the I1 but I landed it ASAP just to be safe.

Device? Air 2 should use HW acceleration OFF.

Everyone else HW acceleration ON.

Reactions: qbizzy
You should rather try another tablet first. Other people with iOS devices have no problem, so maybe your controller/aircraft is what is faulty.
No problem with my galaxy mega abit laggy but no disconnect and reconnect problem... will try again...

I flew with 1.2.0 today on my Air 2... Noticed they moved some things around, etc
Like moved captions on/off to a new sub menu off the camera menu...
I left HW accel off for now... as I do not trust it to work on my Air 2 after past failures...
And yes... looks like they locked down channel selection to auto... maybe for a good reason... not sure...
Only 1 flight on this earlier this evening... and that was near home point just taking some stills of the farm...
Planning to do 3 more in the AM... After SpaceX flies (and lands 1st stage, I hope)
I always work up and out whenever a new App/FW is in play... you know me... ;)

On edit... correction...
iOS on Air 2 now... went for a hop at sun-up this AM... played a bit after flight...
Custom channels still works and I was able to switch them still... :cool:

Last edited:
What the heck is wrong with DJI's quality assurance team?

Or maybe it's on purpose? First they cut the available custom bands. Now they disable custom band selection altogether. Next release maybe they'll remove the panel altogether so it's only auto with no visibility into bands at all. Sigh.
I think it is more than likely in preparation for new bird and controller firmware, they have no control over Apple when they submit the updated app for approval. Once the new firmware arrives you might find you can now tinker wth the settings. On saying all of that, I might be completely wrong

Reactions: Kilrah
I have just completed 2 flights with latest iOS Pilot App 1.2.0 and 'current' firmware 1.2.1.06 with no issues to report. The only change I could see was the addition of a mile/metre scale on the map page (top left under home button).

I just have a short test on my iPad new ver 1.2 work perfectly the custom channel are still have till 20channel... Tomorrow going to test fly see how it the result ...

Mine
I flew with 1.2.0 today on my Air 2... Noticed they moved some things around, etc
Like moved captions on/off to a new sub menu off the camera menu...
I left HW accel off for now... as I do not trust it to work on my Air 2 after past failures...
And yes... looks like they locked down channel selection to auto... maybe for a good reason... not sure...
Only 1 flight on this earlier this evening... and that was near home point just taking some stills of the farm...
Planning to do 3 more in the AM... After SpaceX flies (and lands 1st stage, I hope)
I always work up and out whenever a new App/FW is in play... you know me... ;)

On edit... correction...
iOS on Air 2 now... went for a hop at sun-up this AM... played a bit after flight...
Custom channels still works and I was able to switch them still... :cool:
I still have the channel selection in custom but I will still using auto for a test tomorrow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 22

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieTret