Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IPad Air 2: Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi +Cellular?

only data is connected to the USB port, no power in the radio

I'm not sure I understand this. When I plug my iPhone 6 into the radio, it starts to charge my phone. I just checked it and sure enough, the little charging icon is on.

For those of you that say not to use an iPad mini, is it only because of size? For the little bit I've been using my drone, I've been using my iPhone 6 and an iPad mini would be great in comparison.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

EDIT: Duh, tablets as opposed to iphone. My bad.

I just got a iPad Air 2 with cellular ... Loving it every bit. Large screen is definitely the way to go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I understand this. When I plug my iPhone 6 into the radio, it starts to charge my phone. I just checked it and sure enough, the little charging icon is on.

For those of you that say not to use an iPad mini, is it only because of size? For the little bit I've been using my drone, I've been using my iPhone 6 and an iPad mini would be great in comparison.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

EDIT: Duh, tablets as opposed to iphone. My bad.
Yes, my misstake. it sure do give some output power (I wasnt aware of this). :)

No idea why people don't recommend to use iPad mini. Maybe because of its performance? I'm really happy with my iPad Air 2 though. :)

No idea why people don't recommend to use iPad mini. Maybe because of its performance? I'm really happy with my iPad Air 2 though. :)

I am "assuming" that it's because of size. I use an iPad mini (retina) at work and it's nothing more than a larger version of my iPhone 6. I didn't know if there was something to do with processor speed or something.

Thanks,

Mark

Based on my reading research the answer to why it is not recommended to use the Mini is because of the processing power. The Mini 2/3 have the A7 processor and based on reports and video sample it works great. The Air 2 has the new A8X processor thus makes it a hair bit smoother.

What if you use your iPhone and the phone rings while in flight?
luckily that hasn't happened to me yet.

when I was on iPhone 6 plus, phone calls did come in... And I just answered with the controller attached! ;) haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk