Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ipad mini 3/4 are they worth upgrading from a Mini 2 or droid

Reaction score
I have ipad mini 2 cellular and wifi. Wifi lags a bit more then the cellular. Is there much difference in the mini 3 or 4? Is it worth updating if I only use it for flying the inspire?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Th
I have ipad mini 2 cellular and wifi. Wifi lags a bit more then the cellular. Is there much difference in the mini 3 or 4? Is it worth updating if I only use it for flying the inspire?

The Mini 4 has touch id and a laminated lcd/screen which is marginally sharper, BUT much more expensive to repair. Unless you're dying for touch id, I'd recommend against it.

I heard it uses a faster chipset. I am getting video lag. Last thing I want is to fly a 3k inspire into a tree.

Video lag at that screen size is not likely to be a processor issue. More likely to be a comm issue. I have an Inspire Pro, and I notice video latency when my bird is directly (or nearly) overhead.

And yet the iPad 2, with it's old old chipset and bigger screen plays movies without ever experiencing any kind of snag in the video stream.

In what way. I have a lot of video lag with my white one which is wifi only. My black one works much better but is cellular with service

My new iPad mini is also cellular and I like you have seen quicker response than with just wifi. The processor in the new iPads are faster so general performance is better. My screens load much faster and I have less video lag. It's just a better user experience

I have the iPad mini 4 wifi and cel. Reely good performance without any issues .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Questglt