Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ipad storage next to Inspire Nose.

Reaction score
Website
www.lennyschway.com
Using the hard case that the Inspire comes in, There is a cutout in front of where the Inspire's nose sits. It is where the Owners packet was placed. My Ipad Mini fits in there perfectly.

On the A2 FC, the compass is integrated in the GPS Puck. Not sure about the Inspire.
Is the Inspire's Compass mounted in the Nose or integrated into the GPS module?
If it's in the nose, would storing your Ipad or Tablet in that slot cause any magnetic disturbance to the compass?

Thx..

The GPS is in the middle top of the chassis AFAIK. I doubt very much storing your tablet in that compartment will do anything at all.

I store my pad with the magnetized strip away from the nose just to be safe, screen faced inward, and havent had any issues. Yes the compass is in the nose.

Reactions: Xrover
I tried an experiment last night.
I laid the ipad on the table. Ipad was turned off. I turned on the compass feature on my iPhone. I then moved the iphone laying flat, and in a straight heading line, across the surface of the IPad. When the compass was hovering over the center of the IPad, the compass violently rotated almost 360 degres. The IPad definitely was causing compass interference.

I tried it again using a Magentometer and it detected major interference around the top and bottom portions on the Ipad.

So it seems that the ipad does cause compass interference when near a compass.

I tried an experiment last night.
I laid the ipad on the table. Ipad was turned off. I turned on the compass feature on my iPhone. I then moved the iphone laying flat, and in a straight heading line, across the surface of the IPad. When the compass was hovering over the center of the IPad, the compass violently rotated almost 360 degres. The IPad definitely was causing compass interference.

I tried it again using a Magentometer and it detected major interference around the top and bottom portions on the Ipad.

So it seems that the ipad does cause compass interference when near a compass.
Correct - but you do not fly like that and the magnetic strip on the iPad is not sufficient to affect the magnetometer permanently so as to require it to be degaussed.
In any case, whilst going through your pre-flight check list you would check the mod values before take off and see instantly whether there was a problem.

Reactions: Xrover

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop