Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

is a drone a aircraft or can you shoot it down??

That is BS Turbo.

Look into the local ordinance about discharging a firearm in your area that is not related to any self defense.

that right there tells me he don't know sh*t about federal law.

I call BullSh*t on this. So if a Heron, Eagle, or Condor flies over the guys property does he have the right to shoot at it.

He just wants to make you happy but also piss you off at the same time.

Should have gotten his name and badge.

Turbo! how accurate am I? ;)

kern.jpg
Hey OC..
I was caught off guard when the police officer said it was rude to fly over someone's property. .
Also I was transferred from the HP to the sheriff dispatch and the HP officer couldn't pronounce the name of my street so she spelled it and the sheriff said oh ya _________ with attitude. .
I knew then he that he knew who I was...
keep in mind there's probably been at least 5 or more calls to the sheriff complaining about a drone flying overy their property up here..
apparently the folks up here don't like drones and either do the police. .
I live in the foothills 30 miles east of fresno. .
according to the sheriff it's ok to shoot a drone down if it's flying over your property as long as you do it in a safe manner.
I called the faa a couple of hours ago and got transferred to an extension that just rang and i called back and got an answering machine. .
I'm in the process of moving so I don't have a lot of time to mess with it and I can see how it is..
It's fly at my own risk and be prepared to be shot down..
I know there's many good police officers out there but the bad ones are the only kind I've had experience with..
Turbo. ..

Two ways to look and go about it. Police officers are Not above the law, and secondly discharging any firearm in public is punishable within local and state law. Slingshots, Rock Throwing, beer bottle throwing, air pellet and BB guns are "examples of violence".. It is personal property providing it is registered to you and you are the victim.. Now every word and I how I worded this makes the difference of wether it makes or brakes the violation or criminal act in hand. I'm NOT A LAWYER nor am I associated, but LEGAL ACTION should be considered In any situation as such... Do Not take advise from POLICE, and I would suggest NOT taking the Law in to your own hands... Use Common Sense and Fly Safe and Have Fun... When such a problem does arrive or occurs, NOW YOU CAN LEGALLY PURSUE!! Tell that piece of **** SHERIFF I said so, and get as much information on the officer or officers.. Badge Numbers, Names, Car Numbers, Shift and Times... Corruption Exists People, within our own Government and all the way down to local Police and Law. Like it or Not, they get a hair up their ***, and they use their POWER to ENFORCE!! Keep it Simple and stand clear of such assholes cuz it just makes things more complicated.. One step at a time, and throw them a Doughnut once in awhile[emoji13][emoji13]

Attachments

• DJI_0011.JPG
    DJI_0011.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 40
Reactions: Drone Mastery
Hey OC..
I was caught off guard when the police officer said it was rude to fly over someone's property. .
Also I was transferred from the HP to the sheriff dispatch and the HP officer couldn't pronounce the name of my street so she spelled it and the sheriff said oh ya _________ with attitude. .
keep in mind there's probably been at least 5 or more calls to the sheriff complaining about a drone flying overy their property up here..
apparently the folks up here don't like drones and either do the police. .
I live in the foothills 30 miles east of fresno. .
according to the sheriff it's ok to shoot a drone down if it's flying over your property as long as you do it in a safe manner.
I called the faa a couple of hours ago and got transferred to an extension that just rang and i called back and got an answering machine. .
I'm in the process of moving so I don't have a lot of time to mess with it and I can see how it is..
It's fly at my own risk and be prepared to be shot down..
I know there's many good police officers out there but the bad ones are the only kind I've had experience with..
Turbo. ..

yeah that is still BS.

yeah I would figure you'd get that kind of response.

...apparently the folks up here don't like drones and either do the police...
Your Enemy's enemy is your Friend.

I would have loved that neighbor to try and shoot down this.

http://www.californiacountynews.org/ventura-and-kern-counties-compete-drone-testing-contract

Reactions: flyersgirl
Two ways to look and go about it. Police officers are Not above the law, and secondly discharging any firearm in public is punishable within local and state law. Slingshots, Rock Throwing, beer bottle throwing, air pellet and BB guns are "examples of violence".. It is personal property providing it is registered to you and you are the victim.. Now every word and I how I worded this makes the difference of wether it makes or brakes the violation or criminal act in hand. I'm NOT A LAWYER nor am I associated, but LEGAL ACTION should be considered In any situation as such... Do Not take advise from POLICE, and I would suggest NOT taking the Law in to your own hands... Use Common Sense and Fly Safe and Have Fun... When such a problem does arrive or occurs, NOW YOU CAN LEGALLY PURSUE!! Tell that piece of **** SHERIFF I said so, and get as much information on the officer or officers.. Badge Numbers, Names, Car Numbers, Shift and Times... Corruption Exists People, within our own Government and all the way down to local Police and Law. Like it or Not, they get a hair up their ***, and they use their POWER to ENFORCE!! Keep it Simple and stand clear of such assholes cuz it just makes things more complicated.. One step at a time, and throw them a Doughnut once in awhile[emoji13][emoji13]

Let alone that Turbo could possibly claim that the drone was under testing conditions for SARs operation. I bet you the cops would have a different story or outlook about it. Especially in the area where Turbo lives SAR operations are critical and highly supported by the community.

Wish Turbo got that LEO's name and badge number.

Let alone that Turbo could possibly claim that the drone was under testing conditions for SARs operation. I bet you the cops would have a different story or outlook about it. Especially in the area where Turbo lives SAR operations are critical and highly supported by the community.

Wish Turbo got that LEO's name and badge number.
Maybe the faa will if I ever get a hold of them..
I figured it won't be hard to find out who he is..

heck, dont beat around the bush. here, get the shells and its attempted murder. get the i1, or whats left of it you got the all the evidence you need. shot up i1, shells, yourself as the witness, punitive damages here we come baby!

heck, dont beat around the bush. here, get the shells and its attempted murder. get the i1, or whats left of it you got the all the evidence you need. shot up i1, shells, yourself as the witness, punitive damages here we come baby!
Ya man. .
I have many experiences with the justice system and unfortunately I haven't received any justice..

****, I would be pissed. What are people doing that they are so paranoid? I could give a crap if a quad came and hovered 20 ft away, you're gonna have one boring movie or pic of me.

Luckily all my neighbors in my sub are cool. Their kids absolutely loved the thing.

I say use this drone for you neighbors next time! :D
View attachment 2382

And yes according to the FAA it is a aircraft...
An aircraft is a machine that is able to fly by gaining support from the air, or, in general, the atmosphere of a planet. It counters the force of gravity by using either static lift or by using the dynamic lift of an airfoil,[1] or in a few cases the downward thrust from jet engines.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT! Do not fire, unless fired upon!! Here's Big Brother[emoji13]! Love This[emoji6]!!

2 no brainer charges are

1) - "Criminal Damage to Property"
2) - "discharging a firearm within the village or city"

are you guys for real?

****, I would be pissed. What are people doing that they are so paranoid? I could give a crap if a quad came and hovered 20 ft away, you're gonna have one boring movie or pic of me.

Luckily all my neighbors in my sub are cool. Their kids absolutely loved the thing.
The person doing the shooting is a long term land owner up here..
she has 20 acres or so and feels that she owns the air space..
2 no brainer charges are

1) - "Criminal Damage to Property"
2) - "discharging a firearm within the village or city"

are you guys for real?
I'm not in the city limits and the police officer could care less about the slug flying by me..
yes I'm for real..not sure what you mean by that..

The person doing the shooting is a long term land owner up here..
she has 20 acres or so and feels that she owns the air space..

I'm not in the city limits and the police officer could care less about the slug flying by me..
yes I'm for real..not sure what you mean by that..

"Are you guys for real?" (not addressing you personally turbo)
When I read something so incredibly ridiculous, I'm simply dumfounded by you guys!
Ever watch "Life Below Zero"? even THEY have Laws, (and fly in cops) so don't tell me there is NONE where you live.

If someone told me they are going to shoot my drone outta the sky, I would tell them in very clear words, so there is no miscommunication, that I will burn their effing house down to the GROUND if they do !!! (that will shut them the heck up !!!).

Do you guys live on another planet or something, (not just you turbo), I never heard of such craziness ??? Call the DA for Christ's sake and file a report!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly36