Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

is a drone a aircraft or can you shoot it down??

Police said I was causing problems in my neighborhood. .
I told him I was going to call the faa and the other cops came to the fence so I told him thank you goodnight. .

Police said I was causing problems in my neighborhood. .
I told him I was going to call the faa and the other cops came to the fence so I told him thank you goodnight. .

That right there tells me this is a civil case not a criminal which means they have nothing to throw against you but I'd still document everything. The Who, What, When, Where, and How.

Not a good result. .
it turns out one of the police officers lives in a house near my property. .
he told my neighbor that I fly over and hover about 30 feet off the ground and spy on his wife in her bathing suit. .
he said that if shooter shoots down my drone we will both be in trouble. .not sure what that means..
the police were hostel to me and now I'm scared they're going to mess with me..one of the po has harassed me b4 ..
I told the po I was going to call the faa he didn't say anything.
I wish I'd never called them. .I'm bummed..

This is called mountain mouth and a look a what people are saying. .
I don't think the police even talked to the lady who's husband did the shooting. .
I called the faa again ant the lady who answered said the guy I needed to talk wit just got back from vacation. .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-17-11-01-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-11-01-22.png
    553.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_2015-06-17-11-01-32.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-11-01-32.png
    530.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_2015-06-17-11-01-50.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-11-01-50.png
    580.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_2015-06-17-11-02-21.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-17-11-02-21.png
    480.9 KB · Views: 35
I think you should call the State Police and report all this, especially the neighbor is shooting a weapon at your property and that the local police have done nothing. Second, regarding the cop that says you are flying over his house at 30 feet and taking pictures...ask him if he has proof. If he is fabricating this then he can be charged with harassment.

Reactions: flyersgirl
I think you should call the State Police and report all this, especially the neighbor is shooting a weapon at your property and that the local police have done nothing. Second, regarding the cop that says you are flying over his house at 30 feet and taking pictures...ask him if he has proof. If he is fabricating this then he can be charged with harassment.
Thanks for the tip Mopar Bob! !
Not sure how far I'm going to take it..
I hope to hear from the faa soon..
I was blown away when my neighbor told me that the police officer said I was spying on his lady. .
I have a recording of almost every flight I've made to date..
The officer was extremely pissed off ..
I asked him to repeat what he said about me trespassing with my drone and that it's legal to shoot it down twice, both times he just walked away..
I told him I had called the faa and him and the two other police officers started to rush my fence..
I said thank you and goodnight as I walked away..
I totally feel bullied by the police and I'm concerned what they might do..
I won't be flying here anymore because the police are telling everyone they can shoot down my drone..
not cool...
turbo. ..

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip Mopar Bob! !
Not sure how far I'm going to take it..
I hope to hear from the faa soon..
I was blown away when my neighbor told me that the police officer said I was spying on his lady. .
I have a recording of almost every flight I've made to date..
The officer was extremely pissed off ..
I asked him to repeat what he said about me trespassing with my drone and that it's legal to shoot it down twice, both times he just walked away..
I told him I had called the faa and him and the two other police officers started to rush my fence..
I said thank you and goodnight as I walked away..
I totally feel bullied by the police and I'm concerned what they might do..
I won't be flying here anymore because the police are telling everyone they can shoot down my drone..
not cool...
turbo. ..
Man! I leave for a day and WTF!!! Sorry Turbo. Seriously messed up. I like the state police idea... (Never thought I say that). Cops are wrong all the time. FAA, state, or anything "above" them and cops get sketched out just like most people do with them. Don't. Just be respectful keep your cool.
Let's fly tomorrow. Straight up to 400 and whiz around. Is it cool if I bring my lawyer though. Lol (I don't have one :-(). Seriously though, I really wish I could drop everything and drive down to help. End of the day, your a grown &$$ man and you should do whatever's right for you. Not fun situation, I feel for yah.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko