Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Is DJI blocking the download of the new FW?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by SunnyFL, May 9, 2015.

1. SunnyFL

When I go to the download page and try to download the ZIP file a large pop up happens over the link button stopping me from downloading.
    Tried it on two computers. I went to the "view source" and found the link and download the ZIP file.

2. Kilrah

Nope, all good here. What's that popup about? you might have malware or on the opposite overzealous "protection" software on your computers.

3. SunnyFL

Here is an image. It is part of DJI website. And this happens on two computer.

Attached Files:

4. Morgon

That's the site navigation. Try approaching the link from below so you don't trigger the hover state on the menu.

Kilrah likes this.
  5. Kilrah

Yup, the menu deploys whenever your cursor passes over the top bar. Common website design practice nowadays to reduce the number of clicks and page loads but can be a pain with large menus as you can see.

6. SunnyFL

My cursor is not over the top bar. When my cursor is close to the download link, it gets blocked by the menu. I just checked the Phantom download sites and the same thing happens. I even checked with a mobile hotspot, same thing happens. I was able to download the update with the "view source". Need USA Inspire pilots today check the download page.

7. Morgon

Using Chrome, I'm not having any issue clicking the button to download the firmware update.

As I mentioned in my previous post, did you approach the mouse cursor from the bottom, so that it you're not crossing the menu at all? You didn't mention. Beyond that, I'm not sure anyone can help.. but there's certainly no conspiracy on DJI's part.

PB30X likes this.
  8. PB30X

Sure there is a conspiracy, I had the same problem! I'm still using Windows 8, and for the most part what does a P3 have anything to do with an Inspire 1 page lol? I have a laptop touchscreen and it does exactly what he is saying using the mouse versus the touchscreen.. Softwares, FIRMWARES, it's all the same! It's not a virus or a bug it has something to do with Windows.. Just throw a brick through it!!!

9. John Casey

I downloaded it about 12 hours ago on a Mac using Safari and had no problems at all. Everything on the DJI site seemed normal, and I just tried it again now, and all OK.

PB30X likes this.
  10. PB30X

That's because it's a MAC!! Next investment... So sick of windows products.. Been using iPods, iPads and iPhones since the beginning. Not sure why I never purchased a Mac laptop.

John Casey likes this.
  11. wood man

I downloaded all the updates via win7 to a usb stick then unzip to micro sd card
    that part is smooth ,the rest of it can be murphy's law kicking in

12. sirnikolas

It's a scam! They're trying to get you to buy the hermit!
    AHHHHHHHH DON'T DO IT!