Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Is DJI Phantom 4 Pro OK for Pro Work?

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade from first generation Inspire 1 / X5 combo and have been looking at the DJI Phantom 4 Pro which seems to be picking up some solid feedback within the UAV community.

My commercial area is within the construction industry and sometimes involves flying close to large machines. I just feel that the Phantom might be a bit more agile and manoeuvrable. The images also seem extremely high quality.

I could upgrade to the Inspire 2 but it is considerably more expensive than the Inspire 1 and whilst it seems a superb machine it has many new features that as a solo operator I would not use. However the advantage of the Inspire 2 is that were I to get the craft with the X4S camera there would be a definite upgrade path through buying the X5S camera and unlocking the RAW and Pro-Res Capability.

Is anyone using the Phantom 4 Pro professionally?

In response to your question - yes! The new P4 camera is excellent.

However as you shoot within the construction industry and large machinery I don't understand why you simply don't add some lenses to your existing kit to give you more flexibility than a single focal length P4, you could get a closer image but maintaining a safe distance by using say a 45mm lens, and it might be cheaper long-term than selling your (effectively a P1 Pro) and buying the P4.

Thanks for your feedback BCF.

Having thought about it a lot I've decided to hang onto my Inspire 1 - part from the financial consideration it still works well and takes good enough stills and video for my client base.

When I do upgrade I know I'll benefit from over 2 years of R&D and the biggest improvement for me will be the increased bit rate.

Reactions: JRenner

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell