Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Is it possible to override DJI Software settings?

I work in the business, those companies are using specific UAS operated from tablets purely, not remotes. Completely different ballgame, and price range, lol

Well under part 107, as a certified pilot I can go 400 ft AGL above a structure as long as I'm within a 400 ft radius of that structure. So I kind of fail to see what point you are making with that statement. It wouldn't matter if the FAA read something like this post. All they would get out of it is I know my part 107 rules.

Just like you can unlock no fly zones, I am sure it is possible unlock the limit within the software by contacting dji and requesting. This would be the only way. Contact the manufacturer and request it. You never know. If you were to provide the proper documentation and it is legit, then maybe, though I doubt it lol

So, what you really are saying is that, within your business circle and in your area/state/ country no one is inspecting tower with any DJI product...but the world is a big place. I suppose we would also have to define the term inspections...
No, I meant pretty much what I said, sorry to burst anyone's bubble thinking they would use their I2 for real corporate work.

Reactions: Skyward Imaging
No, I meant pretty much what I said, sorry to burst anyone's bubble thinking they would use their I2 for real corporate work.
Bwahahahah! So now everyone's I2 is worthless because you use a Parrot AR 2.0 for your inspections? You really make me laugh. You know what I saw just the other day? I watched a cell phone company employee in Park City, Utah use an inspire 1 to do an inspection on a tower that was at the top of a hill and hard to access. So here is a little advice, free of charge, from us lower life forms. You should never try to sound smarter than you are. I see people using DJI products more and more every day. You keep that mindset that you "own" the industry and We will take the inspection business and redefine it.

Reactions: Bigdz

I was merely pointing out that absolute statements are usually absolutely wrong. Not bursting any of my bubbles, I don't do inspections. But you should keep in mind that folks come here to get straight, accurate advice. "work in the business" means nothing other than in your company and in your area no one is using DJI products for tower inspections. If you type that you are in the tower inspection business and none of your peers is using a DJI product, that is an incontrovertible fact. The US is a big place, so is the world. Let me use an analogy. In "my business" we swore by the Glock model 22 pistol and everyone was issued one,as a firearms instructor I wouldn't carry anything else. the same with surrounding agencies. To extrapolate that single example to I work in the business, we all use the Glock, is narrow thinking and misleading, unless I did a survey. All I'm saying, is qualify overreaching statements.

The attached tower inspection guidelines show, humorously, an Inspire on the cover, which means...... nothing....

tower.JPG

Attachments

• TOWER GUIDELINES.pdf
    284.1 KB · Views: 11
Access to a no-fly zone can be handled through contacting DJI and getting a custom version of the app that bypasses the NFZ code, but for now the height thing is build into the bird. Is it part of the A3-series controllers as well, like the Matrices and such?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez