Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is it safe to leave gimbal attached?

Reaction score
There are cases available online which are purposely built to leave the gimbal attached during transport. Is this a good idea ? Has anyone tried it ? It is a hassle to attach and detach the gimbal every time. Any thoughts ?

I would say that if the gimbal is safely protected in the case, then i do not think there is an issue on that. And regarding to attach and detach the gimbal every time: if we just remember its not a tool for a blacksmith on an anvil, then there also should be no issue there. It seems like a pretty safe construction for me.

There are cases available online which are purposely built to leave the gimbal attached during transport. Is this a good idea ? Has anyone tried it ? It is a hassle to attach and detach the gimbal every time. Any thoughts ?
I have done over 100 flights with my Inspire, the gimbal has never been off since it was first attached. The landing gear has never been in transport mode since I received my Inspire. I have a large 4 X 4 and the inspire sits fine in the boot on none slip mats. Works for me, I did worry about the movement of the gimbal during driving to the flight location so far no issues.

Les

Same for me.I have my gimbal and camera always on and store it in my case.No problems at all.But on long journeys I take it off,just in case.

Your rubber bushings will wear out faster this way. That's about the worst of it. I'd find a way to stabilize the gimbal plate and the camera itself so it won't move and accelerate wear and tear.

I have 280 flights with my Inspire - I never take the camera/gimbal off. I have made my own "case" from my wifeś cheap suitcase

Never take mine off either, been sitting in the back seat of my truck since January, no case no problems.

Only take it of sometimes to clean and inspect contacts.I think the gimbal connection is a bit fragile to connect and disconnect every time

I have a 1660 peli case. Transport everywhere set up ready to go.

Only thing needing done on a shoot is ,props,lens cover off pre flight checks and go.

Not that I am ever in a hurry to fly just that the landing gear down,attach camera etc got lame pretty quick.

Looking at the rubber gasket on camera I reasoned that constant mounting and unmounting would add wear and tear. I find much better all set up. YMMV

Very rarely does camera come off.

Big thumbs up for peli case 1660.

There is a minimal stress on gimbal during the transportation in comparison with vibration during the flight (thats what for the gimbal is designed).
Use piece of used stocking with some elastic to stabilize the movement during the transportation for peace of mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide