Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is the z3 still having issues?

Reaction score
Im considering buying the inspire v2 with the z3, but ive read the z3 was having a multitude of issues when it was released. Does anybody have the z3 or know if these problems have been corrected? Thanks.

We use it with the latest firmware. It works as advertised now.
I would recommend to keep the X3 (that normally comes with the Inspire1) though. The Z3 is not a simple point and click camera, you need to focus before every shot. The X3 is easier to use, especially when you fly and operate the camera alone. Also, you will still need the X3 to be able to upgrade the I1.

Horizon is tilted occasionally with the Z3. Just like the X3 always had (but that seems to be fixed somehow along the way, at least for me). Other than that I've had no issues lately. It gave me the opportunity to take shots I couldn't have gotten any other way except by breaking the law.
Maybe I'm just lucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: badbiggz
i originally had a heap of trouble with the Z3. However, between the updates and upgrading my antennas i agree with lake_flyer in saying it operates as advertised.
I rarely use it now though as again i agree with lake_flyer in that it isnt as user friendly and unless i really need the zoom feature, I dont see any benefit over the X3

Reactions: lake_flyer
My intial thoughts were that having a zooming camera would be awsome for inspection and industrial work. Do you think the z3 is worth its weight in gold?

not sure about the adjustments as i havent needed to do it. In hind sight i think it may be a little over priced, but that being said, the zoom feature is fantastic

After months of heated exchanges with my (now former) supplier, I finally received my Z3. Ordered last September, arrived last week. What an anticlimax. The still images and video are acceptable, but the on-screen image in the Go app is terrible; very soft and it always looks out of focus, even with repeated attempts at focussing. Even the HDMI out image is poor, and I was hoping to use this as a live feed camera for inspection/observation work. Live feed drops out often as well. Using latest firmware on an I1 v2. Anyone else underwhelmed by this camera? Any thoughts from those who have it working well?

After months of heated exchanges with my (now former) supplier, I finally received my Z3. Ordered last September, arrived last week. What an anticlimax. The still images and video are acceptable, but the on-screen image in the Go app is terrible; very soft and it always looks out of focus, even with repeated attempts at focussing. Even the HDMI out image is poor, and I was hoping to use this as a live feed camera for inspection/observation work. Live feed drops out often as well. Using latest firmware on an I1 v2. Anyone else underwhelmed by this camera? Any thoughts from those who have it working well?
The occasional drop out ok, I have it too but only briefly and not always. I'm on 1.9.1.30 and keep it like that. Other than the drop outs our screen is ok and the Z3 focusses quickly after tapping the screen. It keeps focussed on the subject quite ok as well.
So either your camera settings are totally off in GO for some reason (GO does that sometimes, you did check that?) or your Z3 is just not ok. There are lemons obviously.
Is it on the latest firmware? The previous version did have a lot of problems.
Even a simple GO reinstall could unexpectedly solve a lot of problems. It's usually my first action when I encounter strange things, which most of the time seize to exist without any explanation.

The occasional drop out ok, I have it too but only briefly and not always. I'm on 1.9.1.30 and keep it like that. Other than the drop outs our screen is ok and the Z3 focusses quickly after tapping the screen. It keeps focussed on the subject quite ok as well.
So either your camera settings are totally off in GO for some reason (GO does that sometimes, you did check that?) or your Z3 is just not ok. There are lemons obviously.
Is it on the latest firmware? The previous version did have a lot of problems.
Even a simple GO reinstall could unexpectedly solve a lot of problems. It's usually my first action when I encounter strange things, which most of the time seize to exist without any explanation.
I'm on Aircraft v 1.10.01.40, camera 1.9.1.40+, Go app 3.1.5. I did a bit more hunting online and found reports of similar problems, which were resolved by going to 1080P rather than 4K, which I tried. Go image improved while in video mode (markedly), but the photo image was still pretty ordinary. Might give the Go update a try. Thanks for your response.

I just got my Z3 a few days ago. I notice in manual mode I can't toggle between ISO and Shutter by clicking the right camera control dial. Is anyone else having this problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla