Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Is there a conversion available to upgrade the v1 to the v2?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by mfinn1223, Apr 14, 2016.

1. mfinn1223

Hi all,

I am new here and have a Inspire v1 and am wondering if they have come up with a way to upgrade/convert the v1 to the v2 options (new motors and gimbal mount).

Thanks all,

- Mike

2. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

What is it you want to actually achieve?
    If it is simply to be able to use an X5/X5R then all you need do is buy the revised gimbal plate and feet risers that come as a kit, fit them and you then have a V2.
    The 'upgraded' motors make no perceptible difference in performance . I have flown both an out of the box V2 and a 'converted' V2 running identical FW and there is no flight dynamic difference between them.
    The necessity for a Gimbal adapter and feet height risers is clearly stated on DJI website if you go to the X5/X5R product page to purchase.

3. rilot

Yup, I've upgraded mine as The Editor says. New gimbal plate and feet (which come with the plate kit), added the X5, stuck the Pro firmware on there and I have a V2 Pro but without the motors. The V2 props can also be fitted with the adapter plate kit and props from DJI. I have done this too.

4. mfinn1223

Thanks all, question answered!

5. Mikemike180

Can one of you guys post a link tho this kit, I'm looking to do all these upgrades but not sure what I'm looking at, thanks

6. Kilrah

Had you read the thread you'd have seen there is no "kit". You jsut buy a gimbal plate and the prop /adapter set...

7. Mikemike180

Pretty sure someone mentioned a plate kit...