Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Isla Blanca and Mujeres

The laws were passed but the forms required are not available from the designated agencies. I checked before I travelled.

I did have permission to fly at the historic site on Isla Mujeres however.

The laws were passed but the forms required are not available from the designated agencies. I checked before I travelled.

I did have permission to fly at the historic site on Isla Mujeres however.
Gotta love bureaucracy! Keep up the good work damoncooper.

Beautiful places. Paid the head waiter $20 for permission at the Isla Mujeres historic site restaurant and he literally cleared an outside patio of customers for me to take off and land from :)
You made his day.
He's probably going to buy his own restaurant now.;)

You made his day.
He's probably going to buy his own restaurant now.;)

Lol. He got the other staff to help as well. Cleared customers away. Checked in when I changed batteries to see if I needed anything. :).

I was tempted to order a piña colada but decided it wasn't a good idea while flying.

damon did you do any post video editing? Was this shot on the Zenmuse X5???

Just added a touch of saturation using Premiere Pro's new Lumetri color panel.

I shoot on 0,0,0 and Color "None" now after a long journey through various settings, as the X3 simply doesn't have the dynamic range and compression artifacts make it tough for LOG to be worth the hassle for me anymore. Life's too short as they say.

I did use an PP ND16 CP filter which was pretty built for this exact landscape which I was pretty happy with. It helped keep ocean glare to a minimum, allowed me to keep the 180 rule and added a bit of richness to the amazing natural colors in the Cancun area.

Here's an update I posted to use the Adobe Premiere Pro Warp Stabilizer on scenes where my flying or solo camera work wasn't perfectly straight: buttery smooth now: (left the original up so you can see the Warp Stabilizer at work if you want to compare)

For anyone who wants to see the effect of the Warp stabilizer and compare scenes from the original video above the one with Warp applied, here are some of the stuff it fixed:

1:14 to 1:19 was pretty ugly before and was smoothed out significantly (manual POI type shot)

1:34 - 1:38 (fast 60mph ATTI mode run to shore) had a very visible flight correction in it Warp fixed (I wanted the shot but that flaw sucked)

1:51 - 1:55 (look down a rocks with surf) is one of the best shots of the video but it was marred by uneven camera work . Warp smoothed that out nicely

2:16 - 2:20 (visitor center fly up) probably the most visible effect of Warp was smoothing of an unfortunate flight correction in the middle of the shot. Warped it out!

2:57 - 3:01 (closing magical cliff shot) **** flight correction again jerked the frame. Warp. Gone.

Last edited:
Here's an update I posted to use the Adobe Premiere Pro Warp Stabilizer on scenes where my flying or solo camera work wasn't perfectly straight: buttery smooth now: (left the original up so you can see the Warp Stabilizer at work if you want to compare)

For anyone who wants to see the effect of the Warp stabilizer and compare scenes from the original video above the one with Warp applied, here are some of the stuff it fixed:

1:14 to 1:19 was pretty ugly before and was smoothed out significantly (manual POI type shot)

1:34 - 1:38 (fast 60mph ATTI mode run to shore) had a very visible flight correction in it Warp fixed (I wanted the shot but that flaw sucked)

1:51 - 1:55 (look down a rocks with surf) is one of the best shots of the video but it was marred by uneven camera work . Warp smoothed that out nicely

2:16 - 2:20 (visitor center fly up) probably the most visible effect of Warp was smoothing of an unfortunate flight correction in the middle of the shot. Warped it out!

2:57 - 3:01 (closing magical cliff shot) **** flight correction again jerked the frame. Warp. Gone.
Awesome! Thank you for posting this and pointing out the fixes. Some of the corrections almost appear like you "reshot" the scene and got it right! I'm trying to find a good video editor and Adobe Priemier appears to be one of the best!

Awesome! Thank you for posting this and pointing out the fixes. Some of the corrections almost appear like you "reshot" the scene and got it right! I'm trying to find a good video editor and Adobe Priemier appears to be one of the best!

Yeah warp stabilizer's pretty magical.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell