Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Issues upgrading slave to 1.740

Reaction score
Apparently there is an issue upgrading the slave from 1.430 to 1.740. I've gone on you tube and one of the suggestions was to change the slave to a master/ shut it off/turn it on and it should start upgrading..but that didn't happen.but I also didn't link the slave to the quad..maybe that makes a difference..
Anyone else had the same issue and found a solution?

After two attempts mine updated however I have no stick control of the camera on the slave controller!

Have you got into the camera view with the new RC ?
Yes I'm into the camera view with the slave RC. There should be no reason for this crap.
I'm reluctant to link the slave to the aircraft as the master, since that doesn't seem to work in some cases and has caused problems.
DJI needs to get their head out of their butt and fix this. A firmware update should not be such a pain.

I am having the same problem. After upgrading both controllers, the slave no longer controls the gimbal. I tried changing it to master and then setting to mode 1 and then back to mode 2 then back to slave. Still no gimbal control.
Hope someone has a fix?

In the menu where you link controller there is an option to request control of camera once i did that full gimbal control was back

Reactions: eldorado
In the menu where you link controller there is an option to request control of camera once i did that full gimbal control was back
Thanks.
I went through the mode changes again, turning the remote off after each change and when back to mode 2 slave I requested Gimbal Control and all is working fine now!

As this was an internet prompt to update the firmware on the remote I wonder if there is a read me that discusses this problem and how to avoid it? The one on the downloads page does not even mention Coach mode!

I am having the same problem. After upgrading both controllers, the slave no longer controls the gimbal. I tried changing it to master and then setting to mode 1 and then back to mode 2 then back to slave. Still no gimbal control.
Hope someone has a fix?
I think we're going to need a fix from DJI. I have been reluctant to making the slave a master and linked to the aircraft. Thought I might just screw up everything..I'm waiting for a fix.

I think we're going to need a fix from DJI. I have been reluctant to making the slave a master and linked to the aircraft. Thought I might just screw up everything..I'm waiting for a fix.
I didn't need to connect to the aircraft to get the change to work. Never the less DJI should not put out firmware via Remote Controller download without a warning that all settings will be lost and a Read Me should be understood before making the upgrade. And YES a fix should be made available... Yikes I just got it working again!

This is absolutely ridiculous!

Here's my story:

Inspire 1 with dual controls, operating fine for almost a year. On 8-31-16, I followed the prompts on Upgrade Required.

After upgrading, my Slave Controller no longer functions. It powers up, but no communication to the quadcopter, and no communication to the Samsung Galaxy Tab SM-T700, Android 5.0.2. This tablet had been working fine for almost a year until the current upgrade.

For reference, on the Master Controller, things appear to be working fine. The upgrade to DJI Go app 2.8.4 was successful, and it comes up fine on my Samsung S6 SM-G920A (phone). The upgrade on the MC to 1.7.40 was successful. The upgrade to the quadcopter went through, Version 1.9.1.30, which shows up in About. The MC is properly starting the motors, speeding up, and tilting the camera gimbal. I have not launched it, due to the inconsistency with the Slave.

Back to the Slave Controller- no link to either the quadcopter or signal through the USB to the tablet. I swapped USB cables with the known working cable on the Master Side, and even tried it with the Samsung phone. I had successfully downloaded the upgrade to 1.7.40 on the Tablet, but when it went to perform the upgrade, it aborted (since it could not talk to the unit).

I tried the Calibrate Gimbal routine on the Slave and no connection.

Note: the indication at the top of the DJI Go app is the red No Signal box (not the gold Disconnected box)

I tried the nose button / C1 C2 Record or Photo button routine- no effect.

The Slave unit appears to be non-functional. It powers up fine, but no connections.

Again, I’ve been using this exact configuration of phone / tablet / remotes for quite a while, and no problem until the current upgrade attempts.

I had a client demo planned for this weekend, but it looks like I’ll have egg on my face, unless someone knows of a solution! Much appreciated!

thanks

JimZ

Hi Jim,

you are lucky to know what had cuased the problem...
I only relinked one of my three RC´s to my second bakcup bird and since then I have no connection to the phone nor is it charging... the FW is 1.4 or 1.6 probably (can´t check it since it can´t connected to the unit)... is there a way to hard reset the RC?I tried the C1C2 Record and photo buttons all in one time but it only beeps..... not results..

if you have information on this please share.

thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962