Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Issues with Travel mode

Reaction score
Few days ago got myself an Inspire 1. It is not brand new, and it was out of use for a few month, but it looks and behaves fine. Fine to the point where i should exit travel mode.
After powering up controller and the drone itself, controller's status lights is green, drones status light is blue. As everyone would expect.
On my Nexus 5 I launched the DJI GO app, and it asked me to update controller firmware. That what I did. Controller update was complete in a few minutes. So I turned off drone and controller, turned them on, got the connection, flicked the mode lever 4 times and nothing. Tried few more times -- still nothing.
Neither app button works, nor the mode lever.

So here some other info. My DJI GO version is 2.7.2 running on Nexus 5, Android 6.0.1. My controller is in Master mode with green status light (it connecs to the Drone) and Drone is in travel mode with blue status light.
According to app's info, my Version is N/A, my Camera is N/A, my Remote Controllers is N/A and has no SN (sigh). Still, app maintains some drone info, such as battery status, GPS sattelites count, height meter.

Here my vision of an issue: looks like at this moment, my Inpire and it's remote has different firmware versions. RC should have latest v1.8.1.00, becuse it updated using DJI GO. But i have no idea what firmware drone is running, althoug i'm sure it's not v1.8.1.00. Accordint to warranty papers, drone was bought on 29th september 2015, and i believe that it has stock firmware onboard (v1.3.0.00). And though i can't update my drone staying in travel mode...

And here some ways I tried to fix this feature:
- turning drone and remote on and off many times
- relinkind drone and controller
- using controller in OFF mode (neither Master, nor Slave)
- screwing the screw on the bottom on the Drone. Got it almost to Landing mode and back -- still nothing

I have no spare batteries to check with and I have no way of sending this thing back to DJI. Is there any possible ways of getting out from travel mode for me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160413-194755.png
    Screenshot_20160413-194755.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20160413-201601.png
    Screenshot_20160413-201601.png
    306.1 KB · Views: 9
Few days ago got myself an Inspire 1. It is not brand new, and it was out of use for a few month, but it looks and behaves fine. Fine to the point where i should exit travel mode.
After powering up controller and the drone itself, controller's status lights is green, drones status light is blue. As everyone would expect.
On my Nexus 5 I launched the DJI GO app, and it asked me to update controller firmware. That what I did. Controller update was complete in a few minutes. So I turned off drone and controller, turned them on, got the connection, flicked the mode lever 4 times and nothing. Tried few more times -- still nothing.

So here some other info. My DJI GO version is 2.7.2 running on Nexus 5, Android 6.0.1. My controller is in Master mode with green status light (it connecs to the Drone) and Drone is in travel mode with blue status light.
According to app's info, my Version is N/A, my Camera is N/A, my Remote Controllers is N/A and has no SN (sigh). Still, app maintains some drone info, such as battery status, GPS sattelites count, height meter.

Here my vision of an issue: looks like at this moment, my Inpire and it's remote has different firmware versions. RC should have latest v1.8.1.00, becuse it updated using DJI GO. But i have no idea what firmware drone is running, althoug i'm sure it's not v1.8.1.00. Accordint to warranty papers, drone was bought on 29th september 2015, and i believe that it has stock firmware onboard (v1.3.0.00). And though i can't update my drone staying in travel mode...

- screwing the screw on the bottom on the Drone. Got it almost to Landing mode and back -- still nothing

I have no spare batteries to check with and I have no way of sending this thing back to DJI. Is there any possible ways of getting out from travel mode for me?
So I am assuming you didn't bother to read the release notes and just blindly updated the remote without checking the notes first?
Have a search on this forum - this problem caused by individuals not following the instructions has been covered elsewhere and a solution has been posted.

same problem here, launch app dji go, update and.......BIG SH....!!, talked with dji all the week, all the days, mail, support,etc, no solutions....no work the steps and the 10 sec in academy. updated rc by app and aircraft locked in travel mode with blue light. no solution, cant downgrade rc and cant update aircraft cause in travel mode camera dont have power and not work.
solution by dji, send to dji netherland!!,
anyone can help us before to sending??
how is possible that dont have dji one server*easy web) with the updates, new and old firmwares to download the dji users??

Borrowed my GF iPhone 6 and downgraded RC with it, using given instructions. Looks like Apple DJI GO app works better and smoother than Android. Fun fact, but it taked almost a day and a half, to downgrade RC FW to do just one thing -- exit travel mode. Than i instantly updated the craft and the RC. And ad a good flight today. Looks like problem solved.

Hi, if you have second rc can do it. Look for my post...and good luck!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela