Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Jerky video

Reaction score
No...not beef.
I was monkeying around editing last night, it's been a long time so please forgive the amateur job here. I was just going through the video and noticed at about the 2:00 mark, the video seems to stutter or jerk. Does anyone have a clue what might be causing that?

As a comparison, the original clip uploaded directly from the inspire is here:

What are your camera settings and what are your project settings? Are you shooting in at a lower frame rate than your project settings?

What are your camera settings and what are your project settings? Are you shooting in at a lower frame rate than your project settings?
Recording on the x3 at 1080p (1920 x 1080 @ 24fps)
Style set to 0,0,0 with 'none' for the colour (I have tried D-Log but thought I'd start with everything set to none and 0 while I'm learning the settings).
The original video isn't choppy so I'm wondering if it's something I've done in post (perhaps my export settings from Premiere - there are so many variables there) or if a setting on the camera has made it vulnerable to the choppiness when editing.
Again, I'm a complete novice with this particular camera and it's been nearly 10 years since I've done much film editing.

I used to use Premiere but moved over to FCPX because for a newbie it has a ton of overkill settings. I think and I say "think" your project settings or even export settings may be at 30fps or higher and that's what's causing your video to jump like that.

I used to use Premiere and for a newbie it has a ton of overkill settings. I think and I say "think" your project settings or even export settings may be at 30fps or higher and that's what's causing your video to jump like that.
I agree! I used premiere for about 6 years from 2000-2006 but haven't touched it since. A lot has changed, so it's a matter of me taking the time to work my way through the changes and remember all the stuff from 10 years ago. It's definitely a heavy tool for a newbie. I'll check my output settings after work tonight but I bet you're probably correct.
Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips