Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just a Thought

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

I want to throw this out there as a what if.....I fly Rc helis, a couple years ago when Align released the Trex 500 a lot of guys (not all) were having static issues with the heli and that was coming from the tail. The tail and belt would build up static and then short out receivers or gyros. Now to my what if....i happened to look at an Inspire today (for the first time...i live in a 3rd world country...we a little slow at getting awesome stuff) and noticed a lot of plastic around where the motors are mounted and also saw aerials of some kind mounted in the front. What is the motors are building up static causing the odd inspire to do crazy things? I know there is no belt involved but we still have rotation of sorts....its just a what if and a thought that came to mind.

You may throw abuse at me now..i have thick skin. :) Happy flying.

Moderators can we move this to the correct place? i forgot what section i was in.. apologies.

Hi Gents,

I want to throw this out there as a what if.....I fly Rc helis, a couple years ago when Align released the Trex 500 a lot of guys (not all) were having static issues with the heli and that was coming from the tail. The tail and belt would build up static and then short out receivers or gyros. Now to my what if....i happened to look at an Inspire today (for the first time...i live in a 3rd world country...we a little slow at getting awesome stuff) and noticed a lot of plastic around where the motors are mounted and also saw aerials of some kind mounted in the front. What is the motors are building up static causing the odd inspire to do crazy things? I know there is no belt involved but we still have rotation of sorts....its just a what if and a thought that came to mind.

Moderators can we move this to the correct place? i forgot what section i was in.. apologies.

For as far as I know a carbon frame will not built up static electricity.
Carbon is a conductor.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
And the motors are metal, obviously conductive as well so there's no place for the problem to even appear.

Hi Gents,

Hey there GootyS. . glad you posted ..don't let the haters and bullies on here stop you from exploring possibilities. .happy flying. .tdp..

Trex 500 also has Carbon frames and metal parts. Was just a thought. Best of luck to all those with Inspires lets hope the run aways end or someone finds out why they doing what they doing.

Thanks tdp, i have thick skin, i dont mind the haters and bullies. :)

Trex 500 also has Carbon frames and metal parts. Was just a thought. Best of luck to all those with Inspires lets hope the run aways end or someone finds out why they doing what they doing.

Thanks tdp, i have thick skin, i dont mind the haters and bullies. :)
That's great..hopefully other operators will follow your lead and post or reply to a thread without fear of what some might say..I believe there's a lot of operators that watch and listen but don't post for that reason. ..

Sure, but the problem originates in the plastic parts used for the tail transmission, and we have none of that :)

You have a good point there. Would love to know whats causing the odd fly away etc....i will hold off buying one for now. Will wait for the micro four thirds..if they offer that on the inspire.

You have a good point there. Would love to know whats causing the odd fly away etc....i will hold off buying one for now. Will wait for the micro four thirds..if they offer that on the inspire.

The most important point for me with a quadcopter is reliability! So I decided to wait a few months with buying until by means of firmware updates or hardware modifications the issues are solved.

Ton

Hey there GootyS. . glad you posted ..don't let the haters and bullies on here stop you from exploring possibilities. .happy flying. .tdp..
Haters and bullies? Is that what you call anyone that posts a contrary opinion with reasons to back it up?
They didn't show any evidence of hating or bullying but I'd say that labelling such people that way might be the mark of a bully.

Reactions: Kilrah
Oh I see .. a hater is anyone with a different opinion?
Don't be such a tosser.
I don't know why you would be offended by my statement about bullies and haters..
I wasn't referring to you..
the op said to go ahead and throw abuse his way..he had thick skin..
so for you to bash me for saying what I did is exactly what I'm referring to..
I'm here to share information ,learn and have fun..
when someone makes a post just to correct someone or tells others how to use this forum to me that's a form of bullying. .
Call it what you want but its not necessary.
people should be able to freely say what the want and post what they want without others being jerks..
That was the point...

when someone makes a post just to correct someone or tells others how to use this forum to me that's a form of bullying.
As long as they are right it's only an opportunity for the OP to learn even if it sounds a little blunt, hence a thick skin being preferable if you know what you're saying may be completely wrong :)

"Trolls" are the people who are just bashing for no reason, often with wrong arguments as they don't know what they're talking about, but I don't remember seeing any here.

As long as they are right it's only an opportunity for the OP to learn even if it sounds a little blunt, hence a thick skin being preferable if you know what you're saying may be completely wrong :)

"Trolls" are the people who are just bashing for no reason, often with wrong arguments as they don't know what they're talking about, but I don't remember seeing any here.
Ooooo

Last edited:
(If I was a forum moderator I would outright delete the last 7 posts on this thread. Just you know...to save everyone's time and maybe some disk space :) )

Ah well...2 mins of my life I'll never get back...

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
I was being nice and you didn't have to chime in..like I said it wasn't directed to you ..I was trying to in courage people to join in the conversation. .
I relized you guys took it personally and tried to explain myself. .apparently I just wasted your time ...

Reactions: Mauro573

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop