Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just did a Long Range Flight...

Reaction score
So I have a Inspire 1 V2.0 with FCC ID 1014 and "C" Controller.

I thought I should test if its true what some DJI people say that all V2.0 are in reality FCC ID1015 just that they are mislabeled wrong... and I think its true...

I flew 4,152 meters (13,622 feet) one way and I got good signal all the way till K point (shown below) where I decided to return. I did not pushed any further because the app timeline showed that I would barely get back home (Batt TB48), even as I got back the timeline indicated that I was not going to be able to return all the way back "!", but then the app corrected itself and got back with around a 5 minute margin, any insight on this error?

Mind you this flight was not all the time in open fields so there should be some interference, I still managed to make it without issues.

Seems we are very limited with battery power, you guys think we might get a T49 battery soon?

This was done outside the US by the way.

Thanks!
JC
Screen Shot 2016-01-03 at 7.07.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-03 at 7.08.44 PM.png

You are an idiot flying without visual line of sight for such a long flight.
You, and other idiots like you, are making our professional lives in this business very difficult.
Get off this forum and don't come back until you respect common sense and fly with respect to the law!
What if you crashed say 3000 meters away and killed someone?
Have you thought about that and how that would affect the rest of us?
Eh?

You, and other idiots like you, are making our professional lives in this business very difficult.
Get off this forum and don't come back until you respect common sense and fly with respect to the law!
Eh?
I agree. Thats the problem. They make it bad for the rest of us. Im in Australia and will dob anyone in I see breaking the rules. We make our living from this work. i won't let idiots spoil it for me.

I thought I should test if its true what some DJI people say that all V2.0 are in reality FCC ID1015 just that they are mislabeled wrong... and I think its true...

I flew 4,152 meters (13,622 feet) one way and I got good signal all the way till K point (shown below) where I decided to return. I did not pushed any further because the app timeline showed that I would barely get back home (Batt TB48), even as I got back the timeline indicated that I was not going to be able to return all the way back "!", but then the app corrected itself and got back with around a 5 minute margin, any insight on this error?

Mind you this flight was not all the time in open fields so there should be some interference, I still managed to make it without issues.

Seems we are very limited with battery power, you guys think we might get a T49 battery soon?

Thanks!
JC
View attachment 5431
View attachment 5432

Thanks for sharing your test results, I have the same 1410 and C controller.
Just good to know we have not been ripped off with old parts as some have suggested..

Regards.

Thanks!
JC
View attachment 5431
View attachment 5432

What firmware are you with ?
v.1.6.0.40
2015-12-22 or

v.1.5.0.30
2015-12-07

Regards.

Thanks!
JC
View attachment 5431
View attachment 5432

Get more flight time with a simple battery mod and aux batteries. Details here:

Battery Mod Info | DJI Inspire Forum

Reactions: Mike Walker
Eh?
Wow! Its always the "what ifs" that piss people off.

Wow! Its always the "what ifs" that piss people off.
Some people forget that this is a hobby for probably 99% of copter owners and they started out as a toy long before they became a business tool.
Many hobby fliers find out the hard way when they lose their $3000 hobby because of taking extreme chances.
There is always a what if no matter how you fly business or hobby.

Reactions: Spy and Lucan
Some people forget that this is a hobby for probably 99% of copter owners and they started out as a toy long before they became a business tool.
Many hobby fliers find out the hard way when they lose their $3000 hobby because of taking extreme chances.
There is always a what if no matter how you fly business or hobby.

These people seem to have missed that I live outside the US where at the moment no restrictions apply as to line of sight or altitude.

I just have a question, if you are flying at enough altitude to clear all objects in the area whats the difference between a 30 meter flight vs 3,000 meter one, if the craft goes down it will go down exactly the same and theres nothing you can do about it.

In my experience flying very close to me is when the craft is in more danger of crashing since it will normally be lower to the ground so closer to more obstacles.

I could be wrong and this is a hobby for me like you said, but I would like to hear peoples opinions in an educated manner.

Reactions: William sterling
Doesn't matter where you live. Restrictions or no restrictions.
Common sense should prevail but obviously hadn't entered into your head.
Again, my point about crashing and killing someone seems to be forgotten in this post.
I highly suggest you get liability insurance.

Doesn't matter where you live. Restrictions or no restrictions.
Common sense should prevail but obviously hadn't entered into your head.
Again, my point about crashing and killing someone seems to be forgotten in this post.
I highly suggest you get liability insurance.

Thanks for your reply, hope you can answer my question soon.

Reactions: BigfootJohnson
These people seem to have missed that I live outside the US where at the moment no restrictions apply as to line of sight or altitude.

I just have a question, if you are flying at enough altitude to clear all objects in the area whats the difference between a 30 meter flight vs 3,000 meter one, if the craft goes down it will go down exactly the same and theres nothing you can do about it.

In my experience flying very close to me is when the craft is in more danger of crashing since it will normally be lower to the ground so closer to more obstacles.

I could be wrong and this is a hobby for me like you said, but I would like to hear peoples opinions in an educated manner.

When your copter is far enough away from you that you can't easily see it you are then 100% reliant on the FPV camera and it has a limited field of view. The traffic helicopter flying low over the freeway doesn't see your copter because it's so small. You don't know the helicopter is near you because it's not in your FPV cameras field of view. Helo crashed into your copter and then crashes into the ground killing everyone on the helo. How do you suggest that problem be handled?

Brian

The only thing that's freaking me out is that according to your picture that you flew over houses.But flying in the middle of nowhere,I just don't see the problem.
And I don't believe that any of us have never did anything like this.
Nice to see that the Inspire can go as far as this.

So few of things:
Flight within the line of sight only makes sense as the remote video can be lost or blocked.

Altitude is very important... As I understand it, all manned aircraft may fly as low as 500 ft so operation your drone above the 400 foot level puts you at odds of a collision.

Flight over populated areas is dodgy insomuch as if a problem occurs, you will come down quite possibly is a very bad place (especially if you can't even see your drone).

And last, if you must fly long distances, you should be aware of approximate battery range and stay WELL WITHIN safe limits rather than being surprised by your system either getting right or wrong.

Fly safe and have a great time

Reactions: Nic and slim.slamma
Thanks for your reply, hope you can answer my question soon.
I dont know if you will get many replies. I woke up and saw your comment and was so angry I decided not to reply. You obviously have no common sense as to why the rules are there. This is the problem. Those of us that are licensed know the rules. Hobby people dont. I can only hope you do your long distance flying over the ocean and it doesn't come back. Thats the best thing I can say. You don't deserve to have one and we dont deserve to have your lack of care affect us.
In Australia the rules are strict and you wouldn't last 10 minutes with your attitude.

I dont know if you will get many replies. I woke up and saw your comment and was so angry I decided not to reply. You obviously have no common sense as to why the rules are there. This is the problem. Those of us that are licensed know the rules. Hobby people dont. I can only hope you do your long distance flying over the ocean and it doesn't come back. Thats the best thing I can say. You don't deserve to have one and we dont deserve to have your lack of care affect us.
In Australia the rules are strict and you wouldn't last 10 minutes with your attitude.

I understand your points of all who contributed well, I think you are right and I am wrong. This will not happen again and thanks for letting me see such issues with my craft operation.

Thanks,
JC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962