Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just got an I1 should I upgrade the firmware

Reaction score
I just purchased a used I1 and it arrived yesterday looks to be a V1 rev D. Look great doesn't seem to have any problems. I connected it to the Go app this morning to check the firnmware and it says everything needs updating. The firmware thats on it now is
App 3.10
Aircraft 1.6.00.40
RC 1.5.80
Camera 1.7.00.90

I don't want to update it and shoot myself in the foot. Should I update the firmware?

If it works as-is, I say leave it be.
I quit doing updates 8 months ago and have zero problems. My RC says update required and I simply ignore it. It is easier to ignore that than the ill effects the last FW update I did brought. Fortunately, I was able to roll that one back to previous version.

I know there have been issues with the Phantom 3's as far as the updates, connection problems and range issues as I have a P3P, as long as there isn't any safety issues using what I have on the I1, I'll leave it what it has for now. I'm going to check it out thoroughly this weekend.

Like AeroMirage I haven't update the last 9 months.Everything works great and I'm not intending to do any update.Too much things went wrong with updating.Every update it's the same thing.Always a problem.Simply ignore the "update required" on your app.But if you want to update feel free.No problem.

Reactions: FlyNAce
Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going with "If it's not broke don't fix it" on this. I'll see how it fly's this weekend, and go from there. So far every thing seem fine, motors started, camera works retracts operate.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going to with "If it's not broke don't fix it" on this. I'll see how it fly's this weekend, and go from there. So far every thing seem fine, motors started, camera works retracts operate.
Have fun and enjoy:)

I just purchased a used I1 and it arrived yesterday looks to be a V1 rev D. Look great doesn't seem to have any problems. I connected it to the Go app this morning to check the firnmware and it says everything needs updating. The firmware thats on it now is
App 3.10
Aircraft 1.6.00.40
RC 1.5.80
Camera 1.7.00.90

I don't want to update it and shoot myself in the foot. Should I update the firmware?

If you read the release notes, all the firmware upgrades net desirable improvements up to 1.08.xx. 1.09.xx simply expands the NFZ's, which is a PITA. So I have been running 1.08.30 on my bird since day 1. 145 flights. Rock solid. I've been running v1.6 on my controller, but am thinking of going up to v1.7, as this adds horizon control to the gimbal, which I really like. My partner is running 1.09.xx and 1.7 on his bird, is how I know about the v1.7 added feature. That said, I think controller v1.7 *requires* v1.09 on the bird, which I do not want. So still up in the air if I want to upgrade. That said, I believe a later version of bird firmware allows the pilot to turn OFF NFZ limitations. I'll have to check my partner's bird, as there's no mention of this new option in the release notes.

So, for now, I'm sticking with 1.08.30 and v1.6 for the controller. This set up has been rock solid: 145 flights.

If you read the release notes, all the firmware upgrades net desirable improvements up to 1.08.xx. 1.09.xx simply expands the NFZ's, which is a PITA. So I have been running 1.08.30 on my bird since day 1. 145 flights. Rock solid. I've been running v1.6 on my controller, but am thinking of going up to v1.7, as this adds horizon control to the gimbal, which I really like. My partner is running 1.09.xx and 1.7 on his bird, is how I know about the v1.7 added feature. That said, I think controller v1.7 *requires* v1.09 on the bird, which I do not want. So still up in the air if I want to upgrade. That said, I believe a later version of bird firmware allows the pilot to turn OFF NFZ limitations. I'll have to check my partner's bird, as there's no mention of this new option in the release notes.

So, for now, I'm sticking with 1.08.30 and v1.6 for the controller. This set up has been rock solid: 145 flights.

I know this thread is 2 months old but what Go were you using and what camera firmware did you have?
Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide