Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just got my Pro IN.....just showing it off!!!

Some photo raw take with your X5.

FC300 is the old camera of the Inspire

OHHHHH, I thought that was the X3?? Silly me....YES....I plan on taking them both up and doing some side by side images........the OLD (Fc300) is in for repairs....should be done by next week.....so....look for it then.

Kirk

Kirk the video is great but the images are totally out of focus, what aperture were you shooting at and did you attempt to make sure they were in focus at all? They have also been edited as when I transfer them into Lightroom it shows the edits made.

Edit: I see you shot them at f2.2 and as a photographer you should be aware that taking a landscape image like you have you should be shooting really between f8-f11 to get an acceptable sharpness front to back

Last edited:
Kirk the video is great but the images are totally out of focus, what aperture were you shooting at and did you attempt to make sure they were in focus at all? They have also been edited as when I transfer them into Lightroom it shows the edits made.

Edit: I see you shot them at f2.2 and as a photographer you should be aware that taking a landscape image like you have you should be shooting really between f8-f11 to get an acceptable sharpness front to back

My first goal was to do a short video clip....and I was shooting at 2.2 for that purpose.....I reasoned that for sure the entire world would be in focus at f8 or f11.....I wanted to see how this lens compared to the X3 fixed 2.8 lens....so I was trying to use an f stop that was similar....

I included the raw file in the dropbox so everyone could see them RAW.....straight off the camera....Adobe Camera Raw can really SAVE an image that is bad.....so I did not want to be accused of that.....I just was trying to help out and let everyone see what I'm finding.

I did not MANUALLY focus....I did tap the iPad screen to focus and I got a positive response. Also, I did calibrate the focus per the instructions....so, I'm going to be doing some more testing this weekend...I have a large group of people (70 Plus) on a Golf Course that I'm going to photograph from the air...my plan is to do an exposure at EVERY f stop to see if I can find a "MAGIC" spot.....a sweet spot if you will where things like this appear to be the best.

I did this with my Canon 1DX and 70-200L when I first got it and there is a sweet spot....all lenses have it.

Thanks for you comments.

Kirk

My first goal was to do a short video clip....and I was shooting at 2.2 for that purpose.....I reasoned that for sure the entire world would be in focus at f8 or f11.....I wanted to see how this lens compared to the X3 fixed 2.8 lens....so I was trying to use an f stop that was similar....

I included the raw file in the dropbox so everyone could see them RAW.....straight off the camera....Adobe Camera Raw can really SAVE an image that is bad.....so I did not want to be accused of that.....I just was trying to help out and let everyone see what I'm finding.

I did not MANUALLY focus....I did tap the iPad screen to focus and I got a positive response. Also, I did calibrate the focus per the instructions....so, I'm going to be doing some more testing this weekend...I have a large group of people (70 Plus) on a Golf Course that I'm going to photograph from the air...my plan is to do an exposure at EVERY f stop to see if I can find a "MAGIC" spot.....a sweet spot if you will where things like this appear to be the best.

I did this with my Canon 1DX and 70-200L when I first got it and there is a sweet spot....all lenses have it.

Thanks for you comments.

Kirk

When I put your DNG files into Lightroom they showed the edits you had done already so they were not raw files straight from camera as all the settings such as temp, clarity, saturation, shadows etc showed adjustments??

all lenses do have a sweet spot and generally your find that between f5.6 and f8

When I put your DNG files into Lightroom they showed the edits you had done already so they were not raw files straight from camera as all the settings such as temp, clarity, saturation, shadows etc showed adjustments??

all lenses do have a sweet spot and generally your find that between f5.6 and f8
I'm pretty sure you do not understand what a RAW file is....editing a RAW file does not destroy it like it does a JPG....yes....I did make adjustments to the file in Adobe Camera Raw....NOT LIGHT ROOM....Light Room does not do any editing...neither does ACR....it's just adjusts the RAW file and creates a storage point. The image is still raw...so you can remove the adjustments and see it anyway you want. A JPG is not like that.

Do some research on RAW vs JPG and you will better understand.

Kirk

I'm pretty sure you do not understand what a RAW file is....editing a RAW file does not destroy it like it does a JPG....yes....I did make adjustments to the file in Adobe Camera Raw....NOT LIGHT ROOM....Light Room does not do any editing...neither does ACR....it's just adjusts the RAW file and creates a storage point. The image is still raw...so you can remove the adjustments and see it anyway you want. A JPG is not like that.

Do some research on RAW vs JPG and you will better understand.

Kirk

Lol That is so Funny. I'm a Landscape photographer with many awards and published work under my belt so of course I know what a RAW file is. The fact is most people on here are looking to see RAW files straight from camera so they can determine the quality themselves and a lot of people may not have the knowledge to know that those files hadn't been adjusted and would of thought they were straight from camera. People on here want to see what the camera is producing not the editing attempts of what they may look like after being played with

Lol That is so Funny. I'm a Landscape photographer with many awards and published work under my belt so of course I know what a RAW file is. The fact is most people on here are looking to see RAW files straight from camera so they can determine the quality themselves and a lot of people may not have the knowledge to know that those files hadn't been adjusted and would of thought they were straight from camera. People on here want to see what the camera is producing not the editing attempts of what they may look like after being played with

Dude...calm down.....not attacking....being nice....you miss read my post.....there is a difference between a DNG file and a JPG file.....if someone has LightRoom and all of that...they will get it....I did not JUST POST THE JPG files...you could pitch a fit if I did that....I included the DNG FILE...so you could look at it and examine it and see everything....GOODNESS take a pill!

By the way....awards an $5 will get you a cup of coffee at starbucks!!! :D :D :D

No that's fine I understand and am not getting irate over that. My question is why not just post the unedited DNG file in its complete raw status and not a DNG that shows your edits that you then have to reset everything to see it in its original taken form.

No that's fine I understand and am not getting irate over that. My question is why not just post the unedited DNG file in its complete raw status and not a DNG that shows your edits that you then have to reset everything to see it in its original taken form.

OK...here is the WHOLE story.....

I am a pro photographer who works with people mostly...you can check out my stuff here:
Kirk Voclain Photography

I shoot with a Canon 1DX...and thus I'm mostly used to working with .CR2 files....not DMG files....

OK...so I get a Phantom, then an Inspire,,,,now and Inspire Pro...

I'm getting better and better....am I great, no...do I know everything...no....but I do know PS and ACR!!!! you have won awards with your images, so have I...I have ALSO won awards with my PS skills.

So, WHEN ACR process a RAW .CR2 file, it creates a .xmp file that records everything you are doing to adjust that .CR2 file. This .xmp file is a just a fancy text file that ACR can read and knows how much saturation you want, how much exposure, contrast, and all the other settings in ACR.

OK...if someone wants to see my RAW file, I send them the .CR2 file...they open it in ACR and what they see is STRAIGHT OFF THE CAMERA. Because, unless they have the .xmp file, ACR then starts all over again and makes a new .xmp file.

Are you with me so far?

NOW....fast forward to a few days ago when I decided to upload these raw video and DMG files. I just grabbed the DMG file, I assumed that because I was not grabbing the .xmp file that it was going to work EXACTLY like a .CR2 file....but now you tell me you can see my edits, how much contrast I put on the image, how much saturation, exposure, etc.

GO FIGURE....I did not know DMG would transport like that....a .CR2 will not.

So, I have learned something,,,,,thank you very much.

But understand my intensions..... I was NOT trying to deceive anyone....I was not trying to make them think what I did to the DMG files was how it comes off the camera. But, knowing what I know now.....I'll probably never upload a DMG again....I'll just make 2 JPG files...if anyone wants to see what it looks like straight off the camera.

And...that is the whole story!

I hope you finally get it???!!!!

Kirk

OK...here is the WHOLE story.....

I am a pro photographer who works with people mostly...you can check out my stuff here:
Kirk Voclain Photography

I shoot with a Canon 1DX...and thus I'm mostly used to working with .CR2 files....not DMG files....

OK...so I get a Phantom, then an Inspire,,,,now and Inspire Pro...

I'm getting better and better....am I great, no...do I know everything...no....but I do know PS and ACR!!!! you have won awards with your images, so have I...I have ALSO won awards with my PS skills.

So, WHEN ACR process a RAW .CR2 file, it creates a .xmp file that records everything you are doing to adjust that .CR2 file. This .xmp file is a just a fancy text file that ACR can read and knows how much saturation you want, how much exposure, contrast, and all the other settings in ACR.

OK...if someone wants to see my RAW file, I send them the .CR2 file...they open it in ACR and what they see is STRAIGHT OFF THE CAMERA. Because, unless they have the .xmp file, ACR then starts all over again and makes a new .xmp file.

Are you with me so far?

NOW....fast forward to a few days ago when I decided to upload these raw video and DMG files. I just grabbed the DMG file, I assumed that because I was not grabbing the .xmp file that it was going to work EXACTLY like a .CR2 file....but now you tell me you can see my edits, how much contrast I put on the image, how much saturation, exposure, etc.

GO FIGURE....I did not know DMG would transport like that....a .CR2 will not.

So, I have learned something,,,,,thank you very much.

But understand my intensions..... I was NOT trying to deceive anyone....I was not trying to make them think what I did to the DMG files was how it comes off the camera. But, knowing what I know now.....I'll probably never upload a DMG again....I'll just make 2 JPG files...if anyone wants to see what it looks like straight off the camera.

And...that is the whole story!

I hope you finally get it???!!!!

Kirk

That's all I was trying to point out Kirk, the fact that the edited file was showing. Never ever said or intended to mean you were trying to deceive people. Loved my canon 1DX when I had one, such a workhorse of a camera I have a D810 as my back up and now use a phase one with IQ digital back.

That's all I was trying to point out Kirk, the fact that the edited file was showing. Never ever said or intended to mean you were trying to deceive people. Loved my canon 1DX when I had one, such a workhorse of a camera I have a D810 as my back up and now use a phase one with IQ digital back.

So the world goes on....all is happy!!! :D :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool