Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just pulled the trigger on Fatshark Dominator HD's

The only true 720p goggles out there right now are the Sony T3W. Great FOV and optical quality too, but their drawback is that the input is HDMI only so using them with conventional FPV setups is a bit more tricky.

These could take input from the HDMI output from the controller then yes? With the OSD overlay on HDMI you'd have a decent FPV

Yep they do, that's how I use mine, see photo. I have OSD off though as the buggy horizon and diamond piss me off and I don't need it anyway.

TBH, all of the <$1000 consumer goggles are rubbish. I've tried nearly all of the FatSharks, SkyZones, and Zeiss items and thought they were all terrible with a teeny picture. The Dominator HDs are promising with their 45 degree FoV but still miles off what you need for true immersion (100+ degrees). I'm using an Oculus Rift DK2 with my analogue FPV craft but there's a bit too much latency and it's a pain having to carry a laptop with me all the time to do the image processing. It's seriously immersive though at 100 derees FoV. No chance of getting it working with the Inspire unless I rig up an HDMI to composite converter out of the transmitter, then pipe that in to my video capture card on the laptop = more latency.

I really don't get why people love fatsharks. Maybe I just have higher expectations than most.

Reactions: douglas.brownlie
TBH, all of the <$1000 consumer goggles are rubbish. I've tried nearly all of the FatSharks, SkyZones, and Zeiss items and thought they were all terrible with a teeny picture. The Dominator HDs are promising with their 45 degree FoV but still miles off what you need for true immersion (100+ degrees). I'm using an Oculus Rift DK2 with my analogue FPV craft but there's a bit too much latency and it's a pain having to carry a laptop with me all the time to do the image processing. It's seriously immersive though at 100 derees FoV. No chance of getting it working with the Inspire unless I rig up an HDMI to composite converter out of the transmitter, then pipe that in to my video capture card on the laptop = more latency.

I really don't get why people love fatsharks. Maybe I just have higher expectations than most.
The dominators were my first experience with googles. .definitely not in love..

Wish someone would have pointed that out to me..you might have seen my posts from early on trying to figure out what goggles to get..
now it's looking like the Sony HMZ T3W.. only problem is they're mucho denero..1000.00 usd..

After reading about those sony goggles I too looked em up and saw that price then nearly threw up in my mouth. I'm more then happy with the screen size of the cinemizers and will be sticking with those.

After reading about those sony goggles I too looked em up and saw that price then nearly threw up in my mouth. I'm more then happy with the screen size of the cinemizers and will be sticking with those.
I did ralph...I'm patiently waiting for the Avegant jellyfish fpv goggles to come out..they seem pretty rad..
thought the dominators were the ticket, but I was wrong. ..

What's your assessment of the Sony T3W's?
By far the best there is at this point IMO.

I've flown FPV with the Rift (DK1) and while I had no latency problem (I have a Transporter3D) didn't like it, felt bad. Resolution was appalling too. I prefer a 45° or so FOV "normal" goggles.

Well this certainly looks like a whole lot of people have their favourite and not so favourite goggles. Like I alluded to earlier in this thread, I'm not buying goggles for a fully immersive HD experience, I just want something that will pack up nice and small, nice and fast and work better than the mirror that is my iPad screen. I already have FS Predators and although they have great limitations as far as picture quality goes, they're fantastically convenient and the cost of that convenience is visual quality. It's a trade off I've been very happy with. If the Doms are 40, 50, 60% better then I'll be delighted.

If you start off with low expectations, the world is a much nicer place to live.

Well this certainly looks like a whole lot of people have their favourite and not so favourite goggles. Like I alluded to earlier in this thread, I'm not buying goggles for a fully immersive HD experience, I just want something that will pack up nice and small, nice and fast and work better than the mirror that is my iPad screen. I already have FS Predators and although they have great limitations as far as picture quality goes, they're fantastically convenient and the cost of that convenience is visual quality. It's a trade off I've been very happy with. If the Doms are 40, 50, 60% better then I'll be delighted.

If you start off with low expectations, the world is a much nicer place to live.
I believe there's a problem with the new dominators. .
Maybe it's cause I had a faulty flight controller ..I'll see when I get it back.. but others have said the same thing..just saying this to inform anyone who wants to buy a pair that there might be issues ..

Hell Yeah!!

Christchurch
Just returned from vacation in Aulkland, wish I had my Inspire there. It's freezing rain here in SC, be a while before good flying weather like you have in NZ. I use Cinemizers with its hdmi port, instead of the rc hdmi, to get monitor mirror, so I can see screen, such as when I'm recording or switching to map view, as well as fpv. I also notice that, depending on the device and/or output to the Cinemizer, you can sometimes pinch enlarge the monitor screen to enlarge the Cinimizer screen, which sometimes is about 50% of the right screen size.

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
Just returned from vacation in Aulkland, wish I had my Inspire there. It's freezing rain here in SC, be a while before good flying weather like you have in NZ. I use Cinemizers with its hdmi port, instead of the rc hdmi, to get monitor mirror, so I can see screen, such as when I'm recording or switching to map view, as well as fpv. I also notice that, depending on the device and/or output to the Cinemizer, you can sometimes pinch enlarge the monitor screen to enlarge the Cinimizer screen, which sometimes is about 50% of the right screen size.

Enjoy life and be nice
Excellent info re magnification. Are you using IOS?

Hi Pete. If you'd like to try out the Cinemizers just give me a call or send me a txt. I sent my number to you the other day in a message. Happy to let you try them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido