Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just Received My N- Number Registration Card

Reaction score
I just received my N registration number for my Inspire in the mail but I had already registered my drone through the FAA drone registration section and received a 10 digit registration #.

I had applied for the N number before online registration was available. Anyways, I'm unsure which registered number I should use on my Inspire. Also, it states the certificate needs to be in the aircraft when operated. Is this necessary and if so, where would I put it?

I used my N # and the FAA sent that info to my states IRS. Florida sent me a letter telling me I had to pay the tax on my Inspire (because it is an aircraft) that I bought online. Live and learn but I don't regret using my N number.

Reactions: Dennis Mont
I used my N # and the FAA sent that info to my states IRS. Florida sent me a letter telling me I had to pay the tax on my Inspire (because it is an aircraft) that I bought online. Live and learn but I don't regret using my N number.

Is there any advantage in having an N number?

Thanks for your response!

With part 107 coming out I do not know of any advantages except for the option to pick your own #. I got a little humorous and chose N420DR.

Looks like Honda has the same sense of humor...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 8.57.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 8.57.19 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 8.55.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 8.55.06 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: SanCap
Is there any advantage in having an N number?

Thanks for your response!
The 10-digit registration number is for all RC operators. The number is assigned to YOU and not the aircraft. You need to put that same number on all of your RC aircraft, drones, RC airpanes, etc.
the N-number is required for all commercial drone operators. You'll need to reference that in your monthly reports for 333 holders. And yes, I got a letter myself from the FL State Comptroller telling me to pay state sales tax on my aircraft. They are alerted to this based on your N-number. They will say that you have to pay sales tax on ANYTHING you purchase from out of state and bring it into the state. While the system for aircraft is designed to pay sales tax on all aircraft, the real state regulation is not limited to that. Pay the sales tax and keep in mind, that if you purchase another drone out of state for commercial purposes and request an N-number, you need to pay the sales tax NLT the 20th of the month following the date that you brought or received the aircraft into the state.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter