Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just took the 107 course and got my certificate.

So now you still have to find an FAA testing site and take the knowledge test correct?

There is currently no test (for UAS) for non Part 61 Holders (the test hasn't been created yet) which means that currently the107 is only for ............

I took it too and tried to get my temporary license at the IACRA but it is not an option yet. And there is nothing telling when it will be online.

I took the test and received my certificate also.

I have my test certificate too. I was talking about the temporary license you need to get by submitting the test certificate at IACRA website. You need a temporary license in order to go see the FAA, CFI or Designee to get your permanent license.

The certificate for the online course in itself has value only for a currently certified pilot, other than student.

You need a pilot certificate, a current flight review in an aircraft, photo ID, the online course certificate and a visit to a CFI, DPE or a FSDO. You will also need to do an online 8710-13 application and submit it and sign it electronically.

The FAA will then send you a updated pilot certificate that has remote pilot privileges on it.

The remote pilot priledges are not just for commercial operations. It allows you more privileges than you have under model aircraft, including commercial operations.

If you are not a certified pilot you need to take an written test at a test center and do an 8710-13 online application and get vetted by the TSA. This written test is not available yet, but you can use the online course to study for this test.

Reactions: niki and SanCap
Hello everyone, I have my 333 Exempt , Part 107 Course Cert and Miami Dade College Cert for Drones that I took an 8 week course if they decided to required more training hrs. I'm going to need bigger folder to hold things lol.

Clearly the course you took had nothing about the then non-exsistant part 107 regulations.

There are many courses out there for UAS but I would recommend that you print and study AC 107-2 instead.

I just talked to the CEO of Kings Schools at a National conference in San Diego today to ask if they were working on a course for the new written test for UAS. His feeling was that all the student needs to study is the AC 107-2 and they will probably not develops a course for the training. (Kings Schools is the leading supplier of aviation ground school courses.)

Reactions: SixtyMike
Clearly the course you took had nothing about the then non-exsistant part 107 regulations.

There are many courses out there for UAS but I would recommend that you print and study AC 107-2 instead.

I just talked to the CEO of Kings Schools at a National conference in San Diego today to ask if they were working on a course for the new written test for UAS. His feeling was that all the student needs to study is the AC 107-2 and they will probably not develops a course for the training. (Kings Schools is the leading supplier of aviation ground school courses.)
Yes Dave, Your right and by the time I started to know this it was half way over and couldn't get my money back lol but made more friends out of it and Had a chance to meet Ananda Queuedo from the FAA an speak with her about things since she is the South Florida FSDO for us here

I wrote the Washington Flight Standards District Office (FSDO). For the non-pilots or unfamiliar, the FSDO is a regional FAA center that provides services to pilots, airframe mechanics, manufacturers, etc. It should be noted they also participate in enforcement actions. In my prior history they helped me through a conformity inspection on a Beech Baron I owned after I discovered a paperwork error on my aircraft that made it technically "out of conformity". After self-reporting that incident, which they felt was noble, the FSDO helped me through the entire paperwork correction at no cost and issued the aircraft new and correct paperwork. I hold the Washington FSDO in high accord.

However, it should be noted the regional FSDOs operate differently, do not agree on interpretations of printed rules, and apply enforcement actions without uniformity as the norm.

I asked the FSDO 1) How can I apply for a 107, and 2) Could they issue a temp 107 if I made an appointment. These questions stumped the Washington FSDO. They said they'd need time to research Part 107 and suggested I write [email protected] for further instructions.

I wrote the Washington Flight Standards District Office (FSDO). For the non-pilots or unfamiliar, the FSDO is a regional FAA center that provides services to pilots, airframe mechanics, manufacturers, etc. It should be noted they also participate in enforcement actions. In my prior history they helped me through a conformity inspection on a Beech Baron I owned after I discovered a paperwork error on my aircraft that made it technically "out of conformity". After self-reporting that incident, which they felt was noble, the FSDO helped me through the entire paperwork correction at no cost and issued the aircraft new and correct paperwork. I hold the Washington FSDO in high accord.

However, it should be noted the regional FSDOs operate differently, do not agree on interpretations of printed rules, and apply enforcement actions without uniformity as the norm.

I asked the FSDO 1) How can I apply for a 107, and 2) Could they issue a temp 107 if I made an appointment. These questions stumped the Washington FSDO. They said they'd need time to research Part 107 and suggested I write [email protected] for further instructions.
These is all too knew for the average FSDO. We licensed pilots need to give them a little time to sort it all out. Drones are not exactly their only priority.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk