Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just took the 107 course and got my certificate.

Also received mine but same issue when I go to IACRA site......there's no where to apply for sUAS . I suppose this will be coming in following weeks before August Part 107 effective date???

Also received mine but same issue when I go to IACRA site......there's no where to apply for sUAS . I suppose this will be coming in following weeks before August Part 107 effective date???
I sent a request to the IACRA helpdesk....they said the Remote Pilot certification will be available Late August.

These is all too knew for the average FSDO. We licensed pilots need to give them a little time to sort it all out. Drones are not exactly their only priority.
You are a licensed pilot that cannot spell. Poor Grammer, but yet able to take to the skies. No wonder the airspace is all messed up.

I didn't see a requirement to file a notable in there. Did you? 333's read them. For areas without controlled airports nearby should a notam be filed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SanCap
To file a NOTAM not notable. Haha autocorrect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link. Took the test, got the certificate.

Now I guess what's left is another test at a KTC, and a PPL.

I'm still unclear if the PPL will be necessary after August once alternative licensing is put in place.

Thanks for the link. Took the test, got the certificate.

Now I guess what's left is another test at a KTC, and a PPL.

I'm still unclear if the PPL will be necessary after August once alternative licensing is put in place.
Once the remote pilot certificate kicks in (August) no manned aircraft license is required to fly UAS commercial...

I took it too and tried to get my temporary license at the IACRA but it is not an option yet. And there is nothing telling when it will be online.
It states clearly in last weeks press release that the RPC will be available for applicants in August.

Hello every one
those tests only for people living in the USA or any one can take them ?
in my country we don't have any one gives a license or certificat
so i can apply for test ?
if not ,is there a on line courses or test that i can take certificat from ?

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse.... So to clarify....

As currently licensed pilots take this online course and receive our printed cert. We use this as a temp until we can submit the info in IACRA to receive our final updated cert? Correct?

Just use the temp with my current commercial license and I'm good?

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse.... So to clarify....

As currently licensed pilots take this online course and receive our printed cert. We use this as a temp until we can submit the info in IACRA to receive our final updated cert? Correct?

Just use the temp with my current commercial license and I'm good?

No, the online course certificate is not your temporary. You must take this online course certificate to an CFI and have him verify your identity and your flight review and sign your application. You will then be emailed a temporary that will REPLACE your current commercial license, you will get a new plastic certificate mailed to you that will include "remote pilot" on the certificate.

You can also take this to a DPE if you prefer. In this case he will print a temp for you rather than via email.

Note: Unless it say "remote pilot" on your pilot certificate you are not able to operate under Part 107.

No, the online course certificate is not your temporary. You must take this online course certificate to an CFI and have him verify your identity and your flight review and sign your application. You will then be emailed a temporary that will REPLACE your current commercial license, you will get a new plastic certificate mailed to you that will include "remote pilot" on the certificate.

You can also take this to a DPE if you prefer. In this case he will print a temp for you rather than via email.

Note: Unless it say "remote pilot" on your pilot certificate you are not able to operate under Part 107.

So we have to submit an 8710 even though there isn't an option on IACRA for this?

You are a licensed pilot that cannot spell. Poor Grammer, but yet able to take to the skies. No wonder the airspace is all messed up.

What an idiotic reply, a real Gem.
Guys like you plague the internet - yuk

I'm gonna call my attorney next week and ask him if it's a smart idea to agree to the new 107 "rules" before the "laws" are actually made.

Concerning 333 they say,
Flyer A who opted out of 333 is not obligated to follow any of the stated rules within 333 and cannot be prosecuted.
Where as Flyer B did agree to these 333 rules and can be put under scrutiny.
(although no one to this date, has been "prosecuted" for not adhering to 333 rules, (some Flyers have been charged with the actual 'law" of reckless endangerment though)

Last edited:
Reactions: GuyNamedLindsey
What an idiotic reply, a real Gem.
Guys like you plague the internet - yuk

I'm gonna call my attorney next week and ask him if it's a smart idea to agree to the new 107 "rules" before the "laws" are actually made.

Concerning 333 they say,
Flyer A who opted out of 333 is not obligated to follow any of the stated rules within 333 and cannot be prosecuted.
Where as Flyer B did agree to these 333 rules and can be put under scrutiny.
(although no one to this date, has been "prosecuted" for not adhering to 333 rules, (some Flyers have been charged with the actual 'law" of reckless endangerment though)

This is a nonsensical argument. So if I do not agree to the speed limit, I do not have to follow the speed limit?

You do not agree to the 107 regulations any more than you agree to follow the speed limit.

If you currently have a 333 waiver then you now have four options.

1) Continue to operate under your 333 waiver following all of the stated rules.
2) Wait until August 29, 2016 and operate under Part 107 following all of the stated regulations.
3) After August 29, 2016 request a Part 107 waiver.
4) Use your UAS only for hobby and recreational use.

If you do not have a 333 waiver or if you are waiting for a 333 waiver you now only have options 2, 3 and 4 above. You will not be granted a 333 waiver if you are currently waiting for one.

You do not have any other options. If you have a lawyer that tells you anything different than this, it is time for a new lawyer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm