Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just updated to the new firmware has anyone else done it yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys! it's beeping away right now updating! it must've been a combination of a) extracting the bin file and b) using a different sd card. now fingers crossed that the update works correctly when I fly it...

Erased my SD card that had old firmware update and loaded new one. Plugged it into the camera and powered up. Beeping and LED flashing sequence didn't seem to match the DJI description, but left it alone for 30 min. Checked the file, showed successful.

Upgraded iPad to DJI Go app - tried using card adapter to upgrade RC several times with no luck. Ended up using DJI recommendation to use USB cord from camera. Download worked in about 5 minutes. It appears that future RC upgrades will be performed directly from the app.

I understand my batteries will auto upgrade when powering up in the aircraft.

Now I wait for my Trackimo to show up before testing it out since I'm still weirded out over some recent fly-aways and a crash.
I feel the same way. I had a trackimo on my only flyaway but it was in my pocket. I realized that when the craft was gone. Luckily, the app GPS Track was accurate. As a recommendation, you may want to get better velcro than what it comes with, as well as a secondary securing plan. On hotter days the adhesive on the velcro starts to fail.

I feel the same way. I had a trackimo on my only flyaway but it was in my pocket. I realized that when the craft was gone. Luckily, the app GPS Track was accurate. As a recommendation, you may want to get better velcro than what it comes with, as well as a secondary securing plan. On hotter days the adhesive on the velcro starts to fail.
I use industrial strenth velcro and super glue it to the mount and back of the tracker..

Last edited:
Are we bound by a time limit from DJI as to how long we can use the current firmware before we have to upgrade to the newest one? Updates kinda scare me and would like to wait to see if any bugs are happening with the new FW.

My Inspire is flying great as is now....As the old saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Agree, I've always waited a few days before now, but this time I thought; well if DJI haven't got it right by now etc.......

updated and tested it. I did the compass calibration and check if IMU needed calibration and it said it didn't. Should I do it anyway? Also noted that in the old version if I flew it real fast forward and let up on the stick it would stop like it hit a brick wall. Since updating it is a much softer stop with a little movement almost like when you are flying in Atti mode. anyone also notice this or do I have some concern here?

I didn't do a IMU cal either, I checked it but no problems flying. LIkewise, I think the I1 has been toned down a bit. There's more gain and expo adjustments added, do these at YOUR OWN RISK and at a bit at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin