Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Landing gear & 360 motion

Reaction score
What kind of angles are people getting with the X3/X5 cameras before the picture is obstructed by the non-retracting landing gear.

Any ideas on a landing gear / gimbal mod ???

The landing gear on the Inspire 1 should retract fully out of the camera's view if all is working correctly. It was designed specifically for that purpose. Some upward angles might restrict you at times but by and large your field of view should be clear once the gear retracts to the upward position.

I love that about the inspire, I was wandering specifically about the Matrice 100

Last edited:
What he said ^^^^^^

The landing gear on the Inspire is retractable!

This not in an Inspire forum it's been posted in the Matrice sub-forum so why would anyone think it had anything to do with the Inspire! The op has been a victim of posters not reading where he posted it.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Please forgive such a terrible oversight IrishSights!... I didn't see that it was posted in the Matrice sub-forum. Given that the whole site is called Inspirepilots.com AND he mentioned the X3/X5... it was indeed an assumption on my part but an incorrect one. I was simply trying to help and I apologize to the OP if I made them a "victim". I should learn my lesson and not try to participate on these forums. It seems that there is an abundance of those who seek to be critical, negative, and at times "snarky" to just about anyone who posts here. I think I'll go back to simply reading these posts and not try to be an active participant. I have yet to post something or comment on a post where someone hasn't had something negative to say or try to drum up an argument. Have a great day everyone!

Please forgive such a terrible oversight IrishSights!... I didn't see that it was posted in the Matrice sub-forum. Given that the whole site is called Inspirepilots.com AND he mentioned the X3/X5... it was indeed an assumption on my part but an incorrect one. I was simply trying to help and I apologize to the OP if I made them a "victim". I should learn my lesson and not try to participate on these forums. It seems that there is an abundance of those who seek to be critical, negative, and at times "snarky" to just about anyone who posts here. I think I'll go back to simply reading these posts and not try to be an active participant. I have yet to post something or comment on a post where someone hasn't had something negative to say or try to drum up an argument. Have a great day everyone!
Don't worry - I'm in the same boat....... I didn't realise it was in the M100 section either. :p

Apologies to the OP. :)

To all of the above, though I am not any closer to an answer, I'm thrilled that this forum is so active. Thank you for your contributions, regardless of relevance =)

Yes... if you pan the gimbal left or right very far you will see your front legs... on the M100... :oops:
If you tilt way up and pan on the Inspire... you will also see body parts in the picture... :rolleyes:

HOWEVER... this is only an issue if you make it one... in my opinion... o_O
Please remember... your Drone is more then happy to fly sideways all day long...
Front is only a reference... not a required direction of travel...

Inspire with it's retractable gear serves a purpose when two operators are running it...
One flying the drone and one running the camera...
The mostly clear field of view as the camera tilt/swivels is good by design...

When flying alone... I leave the pan alone and swing the drone around as needed to follow the action...
As such... the M100 and Inspire are interchangeable in my opinion... unless you use two operators...

Thanks John Alan, my dilemma stems from my experience with the P3 Pro and Autopilot, when flying a mission with focus points it makes sure its pointed toward the focus point, Does anybody know if Inspires fly "missions" in the same way? Or do they fly "straight", panning the camera toward the focus points rather than the body?

Yes, this is an Inspire question this time (I assume the Matrice / Inspire behave the same)

Note: Autopilot has Gimbal Parameters to restrict / enable gimble yaw vs aircraft yaw.

Just a tad touchy there! Being on forums is like hanging out on the streets for the first time, it soon toughens you up! Stay cool and keep posting :)

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Just a tad touchy there! Being on forums is like hanging out on the streets for the first time, it soon toughens you up! Stay cool and keep posting :)

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified
Perhaps I do seem a bit touchy if you take my comments above out of the context with which I mean them. I'm not just speaking of my own posts and the reactions/comments to them and not just this one time. I've watched for a long time on this forum and there seem to be a lot of instances where innocent questions or simple mistakes garner a disproportionate amount of negative and potentially hurtful responses. I think we should try to "speak" to each other as if we were in the same room rather than behind the relative anonymity of typing at our keyboards. I think the overall level of civility would improve. Again, just my opinion. Editorial finished (and nothing to do with the original posters question). My apologies. Thanks and have a great day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg