Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Landing gear problem

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Flexref, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Flexref

inspire one coming out of travel mode,trying to raise landing gear to install gimbal / camera, and instead of going up, it went down where the canopy hit the table and then went back up to the regular position?? this is happen twice already. anyone have any input on this?

2. 1n5pired

The downward camera can not detect the surface to calculate the required distance for travel mode or exit travel mode, try placing it on a different surface.

3. sirnikolas

Try a different surface.

4. Flexref

ok sounds good I will try that I have had this for about a month now and I have always been on my granite countertop because it has a lot of space but I will try on the hardwood floor and see how that goes..thanks for the response

5. Gregg G

Landing gear will not raise. Its activated in the software. Vps is off, does vps need to be activated for the auto landing gear to work?

6. Skynet1

Right off, I would say No, as I've been using the (Auto Gear function) with VPS disabled.
    You may want to try turning off the auto landing gear function, and reselecting it to the on position specifically when all components (Radio, model, and GO App ) are powered up and connected. Hopefully, that will work for you.

#6 Skynet1, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  7. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

If the above doesn't work - nudge it 1/8 turn with a screwdriver through the hole on the bottom giving access to the worm drive.

8. Gregg G

9. Gregg G

Duh....the manual landing gear switched was turned facing down. As soon as I flipped to the upper position, everything works. Retracts on lift off.