Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Landing gear replacement advice

Reaction score
I'd really appreciate someones opinion on this please

My inspires power cut out at 5m and she landed on one leg snapping the gear off and snapping the white shocker leg. It was hanging on by the antenna wire so after I stopped yelling, I patched it up with an aluminium rod for the shocker, cable ties and some lego, and its flying well and strong... but it does need to either go into repair after xmas, or I was thinking....

... as its already out of warranty, I was toying with the idea of fixing it myself (if its easy for a novice) and found these two landing gears on the net and theres a lot of difference in price -

Does anyone know if they are the same thing? the gear appears to be one piece of plastic from below the motor anyway, and I can see one doesn't have the shocker included.

I assume by the lack of parts on the web, DJI doesn't release them but only to their repairs centre??? sucks

Any advice would be appreciated!!! - especially if you think I'm nuts and should just send it for repair i.e., drone doctor etc; but it doesn't look too complex to repair

Thanks in advance!
and have a great weekend!
IMG_0531.jpg

I'd really appreciate someones opinion on this please

My inspires power cut out at 5m and she landed on one leg snapping the gear off and snapping the white shocker leg. It was hanging on by the antenna wire so after I stopped yelling, I patched it up with an aluminium rod for the shocker, cable ties and some lego, and its flying well and strong... but it does need to either go into repair after xmas, or I was thinking....

... as its already out of warranty, I was toying with the idea of fixing it myself (if its easy for a novice) and found these two landing gears on the net and theres a lot of difference in price -

Does anyone know if they are the same thing? the gear appears to be one piece of plastic from below the motor anyway, and I can see one doesn't have the shocker included.

I assume by the lack of parts on the web, DJI doesn't release them but only to their repairs centre??? sucks

Any advice would be appreciated!!! - especially if you think I'm nuts and should just send it for repair i.e., drone doctor etc; but it doesn't look too complex to repair

Thanks in advance!
and have a great weekend!
View attachment 4817
Hi Glassman,
The riser kit is just the new 3D printed foot for raising the I1 for better clearance of the gimbal. Mostfully for the X5 pro. The X5 comes with these risers. The full landing gear foot is what you need and is not that difficult to install other than soldering the antenna wire. All landing gear (feet) are the same. LED color does not matter since the master controller determines red for front and green for back. Good luck with the repair.

Thats what I wanted to hear - I'll have a go at the repair myself - thank you

Why did it cut out of power.
I heard of another one dropping recently too, but that was from over 100m.

is it times to sell the inspire 1 after its done a certain distance, or do the batteries become bad?

I forgot to tell my friend about the emergency cut off - both thumbs down and not the fault of the Inspire. Luckily there was a short time delay or it would of fell from a lot further.

Just ordered my new landing gear :)

I think that cut off stuff should be off by default, and only enabled via F mode.
your experience proves its possible to invoke by accident, thereby proving its as much of a danger as a safety thing.

I'm really not comfy with my drone having the potential to do that without my expression permission which requires extra autorisation.

you got off lightly, if that happened to me I would be DELIGHTED if that's all the damage it took!

very blessed indeed. My friend was mortified and he's being flying helicopters for 15 years and didnt expect it. She landed on said leg which must of took all the damage... so all is well and it does fly.

lesson learnt!

very blessed indeed. My friend was mortified and he's being flying helicopters for 15 years and didnt expect it. She landed on said leg which must of took all the damage... so all is well and it does fly.

lesson learnt!
Sorry to reply, but are you referring to the 3 second full throttle down on the stick for locking motors? I'v never heard of it referred to as auto shut off? I have been flying for years and never heard of that. I can only assume that was it, but anyone correct me otherwise please! I know that all of DJI drones have this built in.
If this is the case with your accident, then what was the reason for descending so quickly and pulling the throttle down for over 3 seconds? Just curious.

DJI Inspire 1 landing gear Broken? Have you landed hard and damaged one or all four of your landing gear leg white actuators or popped the lower end out of the leg assembly? Have you tried to super glue it and made a big mess or just tried to remove it completely, then you have come to the right place. I have direct replacement landing gear actuators for $14.99 each or $49.99 for a set of four. With each purchase I will supply you with a set of instructions on how to remove and replace the landing gear actuators yourself. Don’t spend $60 to $90 on a whole new landing gear leg for an actuator repair!!

Can you just confirm what your friend actually did please as the three seconds down should only work once on the ground.. As I understand, the only way to shut down the motors in flight is a CSC?Capture.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin