Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Latest Firmware Observations

Reaction score
I had downloaded and installed the latest firmware and app versions. finally had a chance to fly and noticed the following.

1. Indoor or low level flight less then 10 feet. they re calibrated the down looking sonar. My sonar on flat ground used to read 0.3 meters now it reads 0.1 making more sense as to why very low level flight is improved. the downfall to this is you can not have the landing gear up under 10 feet if your coming down it will start to transform. probably not a issue for most.

2. Sensitive the inspire controls are very sensitive now almost twitchy. not sure what they did there.

3. Straight line flight no more. my inspire used to fly straight and true. its now got a slight hook or drift to it now.

4. IMU and motors. The motors will not be allowed to be started if the calibration is wrong requiring a field calibration. there is now only one button to push. the IMU as i suspected before is sensitive to transport and seems to want to be calibraited if i drive around with it in my car for a day.

5. GPS. No issues so far as others reported but I'm using ios.

6. Props my Suspicion is the props are not being tightned enough due to what i have noticed on my inspire. I have two props that have resistance about half way through tightening. if others have this issue i belive this may be mistaken for a tight prop or people just simply aren't grabbing the motor hard enough to tighten the props. I checked my props after a very windy day with lots of sudden stops accel and decel no sign of looseness. if people are really worried about it use a drop of blue locktitie on each thread. I personally don't think there is a issue here.

Overall Everything works as it should all thought it seemed better for me before. check your inspires over before flight set them up right and have fun . the sky is not falling.

i would not say awesome..not if it does not fly straight now..did you recalibrate the imu and compass and try again?
its not the imu nor compas i have re called both its in the firmware. its to sever but it is present now. I know others have noted the same. I just never had the issue before the update.

Reactions: thumpinhard
its not the imu nor compas i have re called both its in the firmware. its to sever but it is present now. I know others have noted the same. I just never had the issue before the update.

it probably IS firmware related..but i was wondering if you re did the calibrations to see if it made a difference. in my work i get corrupted f.w. and when it is reflashed sometimes it helps to go through adjustments again and then even though the numbers do not change much sometimes it triggers something to work again.

How can I tell what firmware my inspire is actually on? All the app does is tells me is up to date. Always trust, but verify.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool