Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Latest Firmware Problem

Reaction score
My controllers will not update. I have successfully updated the firmware on the aircraft and updated to the latest version of the DJI Go app.

The notes say the controllers should be updated: "Be sure to update the remote controller’s firmware to the latest version after you upgrade the aircraft’s firmware" The app is telling me the same.

The notes also say updating via the app willl not work with older firmware (that's me - skipped the last one) so to do it the traditional way with the SD card connected to the USB port. Have tried that - nothing happened.

I do seem to have all the intelligent flight modes in the app now but I'm worried something will go awry if I fly this thing. Any suggestions?

The thing is the app is telling me I need to update. I skipped the last firmware update so this may well be the issue. I'm wondering if I should upgrade to v 1.3. Everything seems to work at the moment and I don't want to mess this up. Rock - hard place.

Interested as I didn't do the last update. Will watch with interest.....

Try another thumb drive for the controller. I have in the past needed to try 2-3 before I found one that works. I now only use that drive to do updates. The controller is very picky about the drive / format.

I am trying to upgrade the controllers to v1.3. That's not working either.

When V1.3 came out a while ago, the only way I could get my RC to update was to connect the RC to the Aircraft with USB cable...firmware on the root directory of the card...then the RC finally updated...you might want to try that.

My controllers will not update. I have successfully updated the firmware on the aircraft and updated to the latest version of the DJI Go app.

The notes say the controllers should be updated: "Be sure to update the remote controller’s firmware to the latest version after you upgrade the aircraft’s firmware" The app is telling me the same.

The notes also say updating via the app willl not work with older firmware (that's me - skipped the last one) so to do it the traditional way with the SD card connected to the USB port. Have tried that - nothing happened.

I do seem to have all the intelligent flight modes in the app now but I'm worried something will go awry if I fly this thing. Any suggestions?
Try the RC reset option described here Inspire 1 RC not updating - Instructions on how to reset RC | DJI Inspire Forum

How do you connect the RC to the Aircraft with USB cable? Plug the big usb cable end to the controller as usual but where do I plug the little end into the Inspire?

How do you connect the RC to the Aircraft with USB cable? Plug the big usb cable end to the controller as usual but where do I plug the little end into the Inspire?

Into the camera...DJI's instructions tell you to plug it into the gimbal...but there is a little mini usb input on the back of the camera. Turn your inspire on first, let the camera /gimbal go through it's start up...then plug it in.

Thanks for the help, I did not see this port and yea you better wait till the camera calibration finishes.

Hi.
The release notes tell you that the remote is not effected by the latest firmware update.
If you have updated the aircraft that is it.
It also tells you that any further updates for the controller will be done by using the app.
So you just need to update your Controller to the previous firmware and your good to go. You should be able to update the controller by using a usb card reader with only the bin file on the micro sd card.

Hi all. I finally updated the controllers to v 1.3. I had tried using the gimbal in earlier attempts but I had a sequencing problem.

In case anybody else needs to do this:

1. Insert a micro SD card into the camera with the firmware on the root drive.
2. Connect a USB cable between the micro USB port on the back of the camera and your RC unit.
3. Switch on the RC unit
4. Power up the aircraft

It's not nice to watch the gimbal thrash around for a few seconds with the USB cable attached but then the gimbal goes to sleep and your RC units update.

Don't forget to also calibrate the IMU before you fly.

Thanks to all for the suggestions above.

Now I'm off out to try some POI flying.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Here's how I updated ~

Air 2 updated to latest version of Dji Go App.
RC updated to 1.3 via micro USB card reader.
Updated bird to 1.3 then 1.4 even tho 1.3 could have been skipped.
Updated all batteries to 1.4
Completed IMU calibration.
Completed camera calibration.
Completed stick calibration.
Completed compass calibration outside.
Now just gotta complete battery calibration as my I1 was previously on FW 1.2

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
What about the app.??
Here's how I updated ~

RC updated to 1.3 via micro USB card reader.
Updated bird to 1.3 then 1.4 even tho 1.3 could have been skipped.
Updated all batteries to 1.4
Completed IMU calibration.
Completed camera calibration.
Completed stick calibration.
Completed compass calibration outside.
Now just gotta complete battery calibration as my I1 was previously on FW 1.2

Reactions: sirnikolas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members