Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Latest Firmware Problem

Can anyone tell me how I can determine if the Inspire and batteries have actually updated? It would be nice of there was some way other than the text file an upgrade generates afterward. Ideally on the controller screen where it might identify the aircraft and battery firmware version for pilots. It would be like going to the "About this Mac" icon on my Mac and seeing the firmware version. Any thoughts?

Can anyone tell me how I can determine if the Inspire and batteries have actually updated? It would be nice of there was some way other than the text file an upgrade generates afterward. Ideally on the controller screen where it might identify the aircraft and battery firmware version for pilots. It would be like going to the "About this Mac" icon on my Mac and seeing the firmware version. Any thoughts?
Look at the About dialog. Tap the top righthand icon (3 dots & lines) and scroll to bottom of dialog to find it. It only lists the aircraft, RC and app versions; not the battery though.

My controllers will not update. I have successfully updated the firmware on the aircraft and updated to the latest version of the DJI Go app.

The notes say the controllers should be updated: "Be sure to update the remote controller’s firmware to the latest version after you upgrade the aircraft’s firmware" The app is telling me the same.

The notes also say updating via the app willl not work with older firmware (that's me - skipped the last one) so to do it the traditional way with the SD card connected to the USB port. Have tried that - nothing happened.

I do seem to have all the intelligent flight modes in the app now but I'm worried something will go awry if I fly this thing. Any suggestions?
Ha everything I've read about the newest update says if you've updated the earlier update prior to this update NO update is required for the controller !

Look at the About dialog. Tap the top righthand icon (3 dots & lines) and scroll to bottom of dialog to find it. It only lists the aircraft, RC and app versions; not the battery though.

PERFECT! Go figure it's one of the few areas I didn't check. Everything matches the current updates. Thanks!!

The thing is the app is telling me I need to update. I skipped the last firmware update so this may well be the issue. I'm wondering if I should upgrade to v 1.3. Everything seems to work at the moment and I don't want to mess this up. Rock - hard place.
Yes, DJI is recommending that you update to 1.3 before moving to 1.4. Here's the link and quote:

Inspire 1 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0.10 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.0.00 to update the firmware to v1.3.0.00 before updating the aircraft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela