Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Latest forced software update? Anyone on it yet?

Reaction score
So whats the down low on this new DJI Go update then. I was told i had to update and the reviews looked terrible so im a tad worried.

Has anyone used it yet?

I can not get into Dji Go without excepting it.

People are moaning it has adverts, the monitor resolution is lower,gps is half a mile out and its crashing etc ...... sounds like a freebie gimmick app from the an app store.

Cheers
Mick

Last edited:
Are you talking about the GO App 3.1.4 IOS release 4 Feb or what? It's not a forced update. Im still on 3.1.0. It's always been Apple maps not Google. Don't know about Android...they just can't handle smooth video the way the Apple devices do so never touched it. I have not seen any mad complaints on this forum about it.

PfCO Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Reactions: Frank Tan
Are you talking about the GO App 3.1.4 IOS release 4 Feb or what? It's not a forced update. Im still on 3.1.0. It's always been Apple maps not Google. Don't know about Android...they just can't handle smooth video the way the Apple devices do so never touched it. I have not seen any mad complaints on this forum about it.

PfCO Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Im checking over our inspire as we speak and it will not run DJI go unless you update. We updated recently firmware wise too but this is not a firmware update. The reviews are all from today so its brand new i worry.

If i have a freak malware of something on my phone please enlighten me but it looks genuine to me.

We are commercially qualified too and i do not want adverts on the APP at all. How unprofessional does that look to a customer. Its like your sneaking a game of candy crush in whilst flying :/ or a cheap skate who wont pay for the full version.

Some please just turn on your Go app without the craft connected even and see if it gives the prompt to update.

Cheers
Mick

Last edited:
I am running the latest DJI Go app software but still 1.9 firmware and is running just fine. All I get is the 'update firmware' message when I open the Go app which I consciously ignore.

Reactions: The Editor
Correct.
There is not and never has been a 'forced' or mandatory update since the release of the Inspire over two years ago.

Reactions: Cornscot
It does seem from the playstore reviews and the OP that the old version locks you out until you upgrade. Although there have been no other posts here or on RCG. This is an extremely dangerous move. Hoping it's not coming to the IOS version.

PfCO Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

It does seem from the playstore reviews and the OP that the old version locks you out until you upgrade. Although there have been no other posts here or on RCG. This is an extremely dangerous move. Hoping it's not coming to the IOS version.

PfCO Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

I knew i wasnt loosing my mind. I am amazed so many people viewed this though without trying themselves.

Theres a lesson in that about been arrogant and assuming i was just a newbie. Ive flow R/C over 20 years now...

Just had a test and on the ground all seems well. My GPS is at least within 10m so far so no half mile mishaps. The flight screen is AD free too....phew

Cheers
Mick

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishSights
Got that on my P3P also. Go 3.1.3 replacing 3.1.2 which had problems. The new GO looks good from early reports.

Reactions: giumick
not touching ANY update :)
although i wonder if the latest GO app is worth using... is it stable, does it and if yes how affect the inspire 1 in any way?
better or new features?
i think i robbed the thread. sorry if yes, nevertheless any info would be great. thx :)
cheers
martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not touching ANY update :)
although i wonder if the latest GO app is worth using... is it stable, does it and if yes how affect the inspire 1 in any way?
better or new features?
i think i robbed the thread. sorry if yes, nevertheless any info would be great. thx :)
cheers
martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You havent robbed the tread at all pal lol These are all questions im curious about as well. The weather has stopped up flying the past 2 days so if anyone else has some feedback of its performance in the air it would be appreciated..

Cheers
Mick

Reactions: MrTVR
I got to test the app yesterday, and I must say thumbs up for me. I am using the Z3 and have had so many issues with delay it was kind of useless. I am running current firmware on everything. I was at Newport Beach flying over the inlet to the harbor and the wedge. the camera worked great no delays. I am on android using an NVidia.

other than a run in with local law enforcement it was a good day. It felt so good pulling out my FAA 107 cert showing him my insurance and the registration on the craft. He was shocked and very cool, but at the end of the day he received a complaint from some rich boater saying I buzzed his boat. After offering to show him my GPS logs he just laughed and said I was not the drone flying guy that they have problems with. asked if I would stop flying for now and all in all was a good experience. He did say very loud so all the people that gathered could hear that I was comply legal had insurance and was doing nothing wrong.

I was ready to toss the Z3 until yesterday.

You havent robbed the tread at all pal lol These are all questions im curious about as well. The weather has stopped up flying the past 2 days so if anyone else has some feedback of its performance in the air it would be appreciated..

Cheers
Mick
I'm back up at my Rocky Mountain Home and started upgrades today with my P4 going from a DJI GO App to the DJI GO4 App. I was amazed at how smoothly it went. I also upgraded my Inspire1 V2.0 GO App from 3.I.1 to 3.1.3 and actually it also downloaded and installed smoothly. Tomorrow around noon after setting my I1V2's Expo and Gains I'm going to clear a takeoff spot from 4' deep snow and ice between 120' high trees and my attached garage to test fly my I1V2 with the new App and Props. According to DJI they recommended that I set my I1V2's Pitch, Roll, and Yaw Gains to 90 when using the new DJI 1360T High Altitude Props up at the 8,000' altitude of my Mountain Home. Prior to this I've flown my I1V2 at Sea Level at my other home in the SF Bay Area after I bought it. Last year I flew my P3P and P4 without problems up at my Rocky Mountain Home with many Take-Offs and Landings up through 10,000' ASL. Hopefully I won't have any problems with the new 3.1.3 App.

Sent from my VS995 using InspirePilots mobile app

We used the osmo yesterday for a few hours and it seems to work well when working.

The app did crash about twice though and the second time was a black screen that was hard to get off the tablet even when locking and unlocking the screen etc. Other than that all seems well though.

Cheers
Mick & Giuli

Well the new APP has problems its official.

I lost video fee today twice whilst in the air, and Giuli could not get a steady image on her monitor at all on the slave.I t kept flashing pink, black etc at times and was laggy as hell. Her video previews it has saved also have the issues but mine are perfect so its clearly an issues between the slave and master as the slave draws all its info from the master if i remember right.

Well done DJI for not properly testing....AGAIN

Then error 42 joined the party as well and the landing gear failed to come down until it initiated return to home on low battery.

I am seriously peeved. If i was on site today i would of lost the job.

cheers
Mick

Last edited:
I'm back up at my Rocky Mountain Home and started upgrades today with my P4 going from a DJI GO App to the DJI GO4 App. I was amazed at how smoothly it went. I also upgraded my Inspire1 V2.0 GO App from 3.I.1 to 3.1.3 and actually it also downloaded and installed smoothly. Tomorrow around noon after setting my I1V2's Expo and Gains I'm going to clear a takeoff spot from 4' deep snow and ice between 120' high trees and my attached garage to test fly my I1V2 with the new App and Props. According to DJI they recommended that I set my I1V2's Pitch, Roll, and Yaw Gains to 90 when using the new DJI 1360T High Altitude Props up at the 8,000' altitude of my Mountain Home. Prior to this I've flown my I1V2 at Sea Level at my other home in the SF Bay Area after I bought it. Last year I flew my P3P and P4 without problems up at my Rocky Mountain Home with many Take-Offs and Landings up through 10,000' ASL. Hopefully I won't have any problems with the new 3.1.3 App.

Sent from my VS995 using InspirePilots mobile app

Just be careful on this version pal, Wouldn't want you to loose your bird up a mountain haha

I was testing a a local pretty safe field.

Cheers
Mick

I posted last week about this mandatory Go app upgrade asking if anyone else had had any issues. My issue was it acted at times like the app crashed or froze because suddenly the bird and or gimbal would make odd moves to catch up whatever inputs I tried on the stick. Much like if you have an Osmo and it freezes while recording and suddenly catches up. I have the latest firmware installed in my v2.0. cheers everyone.

I got to test the app yesterday, and I must say thumbs up for me. I am using the Z3 and have had so many issues with delay it was kind of useless. I am running current firmware on everything. I was at Newport Beach flying over the inlet to the harbor and the wedge. the camera worked great no delays. I am on android using an NVidia.

other than a run in with local law enforcement it was a good day. It felt so good pulling out my FAA 107 cert showing him my insurance and the registration on the craft. He was shocked and very cool, but at the end of the day he received a complaint from some rich boater saying I buzzed his boat. After offering to show him my GPS logs he just laughed and said I was not the drone flying guy that they have problems with. asked if I would stop flying for now and all in all was a good experience. He did say very loud so all the people that gathered could hear that I was comply legal had insurance and was doing nothing wrong.

I was ready to toss the Z3 until yesterday.
Regardless of paper and ink...they can't stop you from flying there and no citations would be written.

I've had issues for a couple of months with losing image transmission. It's not necessarily frequent, but on a long work day, after a few flights, I'll turn it on and off trying to get video transmission, sometimes I'll lose it mid flight. Even after the latest app update, this persist. But shutting down, removing batt and camera and reinstalling usually gets it working. Anyone else experience this? Luckily it always comes around and I can finish shooting, I'm just curious about how common this is. I haven't updated to the latest firmware, but I did have to update the go app recently

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla