Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

learning and Building a Mapping drone.

Reaction score
i have build some of quadcopter before.. but now would like to build a mapping drone. i know inspire can do that but. the problem seems is the battery issue .. so i unable to do bigger area.. and more risky. perhaps i could build another one with cheaper price only for mapping or 3d mapping ... so far i just brought

1. APM 2.6 + GPS
  2. APM 433 telementry set so i can set waypoint from my mac and lunch mission
  3. Turnigy 9XR PRO ( plenty of cool future )
  4. FRSKY DJT so far is the cheapest and good Module and receiver i believe
i am looking for something like 5510 size motors with 360kv motors with 15inch props on it... so it can have a longer flight time. so car the thing i haven't decide yet is ... need yours guy input what shall i do or what shall i don't.

any reply in this would be highly appriciated

i have build some of quadcopter before.. but now would like to build a mapping drone. i know inspire can do that but. the problem seems is the battery issue .. so i unable to do bigger area.. and more risky. perhaps i could build another one with cheaper price only for mapping or 3d mapping ... so far i just brought

1. APM 2.6 + GPS
  2. APM 433 telementry set so i can set waypoint from my mac and lunch mission
  3. Turnigy 9XR PRO ( plenty of cool future )
  4. FRSKY DJT so far is the cheapest and good Module and receiver i believe
i am looking for something like 5510 size motors with 360kv motors with 15inch props on it... so it can have a longer flight time. so car the thing i haven't decide yet is ... need yours guy input what shall i do or what shall i don't.

any reply in this would be highly appriciated

Why not go with Pixhawk...more sophisticated than 2.6 which is pretty dated to today's standards, a proven flight control though. Have to know how to tune well.

3 & 4 - Why not just buy a frsky radio?

Personally if this is going to be a mapping specific uav...I wouldn't build a multirotor for it, I'd use a fixed wing.

Reactions: fei8820
Thanks for reply... hmm fixwing.. woukd be cheaper and longer flight time... but i usually work at very constructions area soo i fear there is not easy to land..

Now i just have the agisoft photoscan.. i able to do 3d model with my i1... and another QGif ( is free) still donno how to use it... i going to switch my hobbyshop to uav areial service ... get better paid n more freedom of time.. but nid more knowlage and skill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44