Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Leg Alignment Issue's

Reaction score
Anyone know how you can adjust the pitch of the legs on the Inspire 1? I had a crash from 3 FT today after 'GO BACK TO HOME POINT" was triggered due to low battery level (15%!). Unfortunately I flying too far away from home point in a location with a lot of over head tree's when "Go BACK TO HOME POINT" was triggered. I managed to stop the drone before it flew into the tree's however it did crash from 3 FT.

After inspecting my drone I noticed my props on the right side of my drone seem to be pitched too to high. See attached photo.

If I could just rotate the main control arm on the right side of the Inspire 1 I could balance the props again. The feet would also then sit flush on the ground which currently they are tilted - toe out cause the props on the right side to be higher then the props on the left side.

Anyone know how to change the pitch of the legs on the inspire 1 so i can get the props to be even again?

Attachments

• 20150920_204055.jpg
    20150920_204055.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 140
theres only 1 nut -bolt holding it in place(from spinnng), it likely has warranty tape on it, so if you remove it, no warranty anymore. i wonder if it spun in place, or something else linked to it is bent.

i would loosen the screw enough to adjust it. measure the other side with a micrometer, and match it as close as possible, and re tighten.

make sure nothing else is broken or bent.

This might seem like an odd question, but what do the legs of everyone's DJI inspire look like when they are touching the ground? Are they fully flush to the ground? Or are they tipped on the toes - either toe in or out?

Also - Do the props on the (front and rear) line up evenly when measured from the highest point? Or are the props on the different heights?

See attached photo. My props are higher on the right hand side of drone compared to left hand side as per attached photo with red mark. See sales photo of Inspire 1 - it appears the props are lined up evenly at the highest point - when comparing right and left sides.

Attachments

• PRO-HEIGHT-ISSUE.jpg
    PRO-HEIGHT-ISSUE.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
  • DJI-INSPIRE.jpg
    DJI-INSPIRE.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 122
BTW - I just tested this. You will have to remove the warranty sticker and loosen the bolt at the bottom (marked in red) if you want to change pitch of the legs / prop height. I now have my left and right hand side props at 17CM from ground and the feet are perfectly flat to the ground.

I am now happy and this this will make my camera view perfectly horizontal.

Attachments

• Inspire-1-How to Adjust-Leg.Prop-Pitch.jpg
    Inspire-1-How to Adjust-Leg.Prop-Pitch.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
BTW - I just tested this. You will have to remove the warranty sticker and loosen the bolt at the bottom (marked in red) if you want to change pitch of the legs / prop height. I now have my left and right hand side props at 17CM from ground and the feet are perfectly flat to the ground.

I am now happy and this this will make my camera view perfectly horizontal.
Excellent, at least now I will know how to adjust the legs if I ever have the need.
Thanks for the diagram..

I'm just wondering if anyone has tweaked this so that the blades are perfectly horizontal when the booms are up instead of an anhedral angle. I would think this would be more efficient use of the lift. But... I'm also thinking the angle may be to help banking due to such a low c of g.

According to DJI you should have a 4.5 degree offset outwards from the center of the aircraft. I'm a DJI technician.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo