Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

LIGHTBRIDGE 2

says it's not compatible with the inspire...bummer they wouldn't just include it in the new ships!!!

is the inspire 1 lightbridge 1? mine already goes 1.5 miles easy, lightbridge 2 goes 1.2 miles? wheres the improvement? lol

The I1 has somewhat of a "Lightbridge 1.5", lol. Has more capabilities than the LB1, now compared to the LB2 who knows.

the 50ms delay would be nice i guess, i think the current is about 2 seconds? not sure, not good enough for FPV flight anyway.

The current one has about 150ms specified.

Of course that's only the LB-induced latency, the source/sink devices will easily add just as much and are ultimately what are the limit.
But never 2 secs, and I've easily flown LB-equipped Phantoms in FPV for hours.

tapatalk_1399550169423.jpeg

Are we speaking of Latency? All depends on A2G and G2A terrain. It's about noise also. The processors have to work harder if things aren't clear, am I wrong for assuming this?

The current one has about 150ms specified.

Of course that's only the LB-induced latency, the source/sink devices will easily add just as much and are ultimately what are the limit.
But never 2 secs, and I've easily flown LB-equipped Phantoms in FPV for hours.

View attachment 3609
well sure you can if your careful, but at a 1.5 second delay you dont wanna be too close to other objects, no flying through parking garages or around trees at top speed, lol! out in the middle of nowhere away from everything it doesnt matter as much.

am I wrong for assuming this?

Yep. The encoder encodes and the transmitter transmits, now if there's perturbations on the way the receiver might not receive and cause a blank it but anytime it receives something it îsn't older than the latest stuff that was sent.

Reactions: PB30X
well sure you can if your careful, but at a 1.5 second delay you dont wanna be too close to other objects, no flying through parking garages or around trees at top speed, lol! out in the middle of nowhere away from everything it doesnt matter as much.
Again you never get 1.5 secs delay, but 0.3-0.4 at most. That might get down to 0.2-0.3 with the LB2 - yes an improvement, but not night and day either.

If I'm not mistaken LB2 is designed to help bring the spreading wings line into the "GO app" / LB / DJI RC family so those common technologies are present in the entire product line going forward.

Reactions: Brendan
I am really stumped why DJI didn't make the LB2 air units compatible with the existing Inspire / P3 handsets. I have already got 6 handsets as each time I bought a AC it came with a handset as per DJI's policy of refusing to sell bind and fly units. Last thing I need is another handset. If I convert my existing LB1 units over to LB2 I will have another 4 LB2 handsets - why waste so much resources? I can't even see spare air units been listed.

Reactions: Outta Control
It's not always said that a new version have to be better.I'm happy with LB 1(5).Great distance and stable.Have been over 2 miles and no problem at all.Depends on where you are.Remember the first app and this one had no restrictions.You could fly over 500 mtr in altitude which was usefull when I was at the Alps.Could maintain 35 mtr above ground and fly to the top which was 615 mtr above starting point.
Anyway within 2 years the Inspire 1 will be old.I don't care.It a pleasure to fly and hope the app will be there at one day

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I am really stumped why DJI didn't make the LB2 air units compatible with the existing Inspire / P3 handsets. I have already got 6 handsets as each time I bought a AC it came with a handset as per DJI's policy of refusing to sell bind and fly units. Last thing I need is another handset. If I convert my existing LB1 units over to LB2 I will have another 4 LB2 handsets - why waste so much resources? I can't even see spare air units been listed.

I was thinking about that also. I have a 2nd Inspire controller and from a quick research it surely looks like the L2 requires you to get another I1-like controller.

Isn't the main diff between LB1(.5) and LB2 720p v. 1080p (respectively)?

As mentioned above - LB2 is only for Spreading Wing series, and they no longer do the multiple receiver capability (in LB1? Where you can multiple receivers at different locations receiving the downward streaming), hence why they bundle it with the remote - which essentially replaced the router-looking thing in LB1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6