Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lightbridge slave receive method

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm making and antenna tracker for my pixhawk + DJI Lightbridge octocopter. As we know, DJI provides absolutely no technical documentation on any of their products, so I wonder if anyone here has any information on the workings of the lightbridge. My question is this:

Does the slave receiver (i.e. gimbal controller) receive its video directly from the air module, or is it received by the master, then relayed to the slave.

This questions is so I know whether to mount the second receiver on the tracker too, and attach a directional antenna, or to keep the omni antennae and mount it to the gimbal controller's Tx.

While I'm here, I'll ask this, too:
If I place the two lightbridge ground modules right next to each other, will they interfere with each other? Even though the slave should theoretically only be in passive mode?

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

Does this question apply to the Inspire, or standalone LB? They're different.
I assume you're talking of the standalone one because pixhawk, but then you talk of "gimbal controller" and there isn't one with the standalone LB, plus we're on an Inspire forum.

Anyway the video on the standalone LB is received directly from the aircraft by each GS and they can be any distance from each other.

YFI'm asking in relation to the standalone LB, but there is no Lightbridge Users Forum so I figured this would be the best place to look for people who know about DJI products. And obviously I was right - that information is exactly what I needed, thank you!

I'm plugging two radios into the master LB via trainer cable to transmit controls for the aircraft and gimbal, and receiving two video streams - one from the onboard FPV cam and one from the gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379