Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Limp gimbal with no video feed.....help!

Dji has offered to replace. In the meantime I read a post saying to try loosening the screws on the gimbal(the ones holding the chip in place). That worked to the extent that I now get video feed and control of the camera. I haven't tested it in flight or recording yet.

This sounds like another quality control issue to me - over tightening of PCB mounting screws causing camera to go off-line! If simply loosning them slightly has made the problem go away what does that tell you?

What dji offered to replace the camera? ? That stinky company that doesn't do anything right and could care less about their customers.
Oh.. this most be another dji cause it can't be the one I hear about on this site ????

What dji offered to replace the camera? ? That stinky company that doesn't do anything right and could care less about their customers.
Oh.. this most be another dji cause it can't be the one I hear about on this site ????

No one is saying they're ALL bad. Their hits have been many, but their misses have been spectacular.

I'm having the same problem. Worked great for 5 days and now the camera is "dead" just like the original poster said. I've been working with DJI email support and it looks like they want to get mine back for analysis and ship me a new unit.

While it is inconvenient to have it go down, I am very happy with my purchase and DJI's customer service so far. I know some people point to issues like ours and try to paint a negative picture, but this kind of thing happens with new technology. DJI seems to be doing things right in my book - offering to replace my unit and analyze what may be wrong.

Looking forward to flying again soon. Especially since today my second controller (my inspire order was the dual model) arrived along with an extra battery I ordered.

Cheers.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
DJI says that IOS users to don´t fly and stay on the ground

I have made 4 flights today and when I firs turned on the Inspire, I have checked the IMU values and they were unstable with the mode value off accelaration - .94. I have made calibrattion and I came up with the right that are - .99/1,01. So I made 2 flights and and the values between 1 and 2 flight were the same and stable. After 3 hours, I have made more 2 flights. when I turned on the Inspire, again the valuers were unstable and with same value. I have made the callibration again and i flew the 2 other times without any problem and the IMU values were stable.

I spoke to DJI support reporting what I have just said before and they asked me if I was using IOS or ANDROID? I told them that I was using IOS, uptated the last firmware and app.

The answer from them to this issue was to DON`T FLY WITH IOS at the moment..

Does anyone knew about this? I have thought that the app was OFF for download no for use it..

Any comments,

Thanks

I have the same problem- who did you contact at DJI to get this addressed? Appreciate the help... I miss my baby!!!

I have the same problem- who did you contact at DJI to get this addressed? Appreciate the help... I miss my baby!!!

Honestly, DJI dropped the ball. I initially dealt within online support in China and they were great. Then they transferred my case to the US team who never called me. I called them and emailed them and then two months later I was finally contacted to return my unit. Luckily, after a week of being ignored by DJI I contacted my dealer (CopterShop) and they swapped out my camera/gimbal within a couple of days. Been working great ever since.

Hopefully, DJI support is more on the ball now. I'd contact them and reach out to your dealer too - they might be able to help you out.

Good luck!

A bit late in this discussion I know but this could help others with this problem..
I had exactly the same symptoms as the OP, limp camera and no video output.
For me, this was caused by one the cables to the camera having pulled a pin from the connector.
Take a look at the image, top right hand pin partially pulled from connector.
Just popping that pin back in cured the problem for me.
pin.jpg

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Check the cable connectors at the top of the gimbal with a very small flat screw driver to make sure they are seated. If OK, then unseat the front vibration dampers and remove the 2 phillips scres that go into the nose. Then remove four front mount screws. You will now have access to the entire ribbon assemblies. Check all connections and retry. This is first typical failure point on camera/gimbal connection

Hi. I just received my brand new inspire 1 pro today. Charged the battery get everything on and to my disappointment the gimbal calibrate there is video feed but goes limp after calibration. I haven't even got the props out the box yet. Any advice please.

Hi. I just received my brand new inspire 1 pro today. Charged the battery get everything on and to my disappointment the gimbal calibrate there is video feed but goes limp after calibration. I haven't even got the props out the box yet. Any advice please.
Have you tried refitting the gimbal.
Also check VERY carefully that the gimbal connection pins (turn aircraft upside down with gimbal removed) are absolutely in line and evenly spaced.

I have spend probably 2 hours with DJI last night trying to fix the problem. Eventually thy said I must send it back it is some professor problem. The issue now is that I discovered that it will not go into landing gear down mode into travel mode the quad is not responding to any issues. I am pretty disappointed for a really expensive quad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell