Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Linden NJ Commercial

Do you need a waiver to operate in Linden NJ ? Linden has airport but no tower.
If you are a "licensed FAA Drone pilot" would you not already know the answer to that? Or at least be able to work out the requirements by looking at the locations sectionals.

(the small cross SW OF LDJ?) At 400 ft. you are in Class G, well under Class E and Class B.
LDJ is uncontrolled thus not a factor. But let's see what others say...

View attachment 14466

Yes Thats what I was thinking. Also found this:

10 Things to Know About Part 107 - AirMap

7. CLASS G AIRPORTS WERE LEFT OUT.
More than 90% of airports in the United States have no control tower. Pilots approaching and departing these airports typically communicate with one-another on a Common Traffic Advisory Frequency, or CTAF.

Under Part 107, drone operators are not required to coordinate operations with or give notice to airports in Class G (uncontrolled) airspace. The rule establishes a general rule for sUAS to avoid interference with manned aircraft, but does not include a provision strongly recommending communication between aircraft, manned or unmanned, when approaching or departing from an uncontrolled airport.

Do you have a part 107 pilot certificate? All this is part 107 knowledge.

ps-There is no such thing as a "Class G airport." There is only Class G airspace.
Yes I have my Part 107. I know it's Part 107 Knowledge, but I am double checking facts. Lawyers that pass the Bar Exam are allowed to look things up, correct?

When in doubt and you want to play it safe.. Look up the phone number and name of the Manager for that airport and give Him a call..

Reactions: RMartin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz