Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

List of known issues - Sticky Thread

If you have issues with pixel dropouts on your DNG photos. This will take care of it.

If there are no pixel dropouts in a DNG photo and you don't check and proceed to use the utility anyway, could this actually cause issues? If not, it would be good to run it on your prized DNG photos regardless for good measure, right?

Common known problems:

iOS App - iOA App now appears to be available (and legal :rolleyes:) - One down... a few more to go.
Sporadic Gimbal Jerk - Is this to be addressed in the next FW update. Do we have an estimation when that will be?
No soft start or soft stop of gimbal tilt - Comes to an abrupt stop/start at the end or beginning of movement. This ruins what would otherwise be a great cinematic shot.
Yaw Issue - I THINK this has now been acknowledged (someone confirm?) again, as above, will it be address in the next FW release?
Sporadic GPS loss - Not technically 'GPS' loss but conflict with the compass (usually straight after take off that results in the craft dropping into Atti - Same question as above re firmware
Loose Arms - Everybody is aware of this ...Is a fix to come via video instructions so as to make it DIY? What is the time frame?
Problems launching from a boat/moving platform - Again, is this being looked for the next firmware release?
Bug in Flight Records re distance and date information for SOME flights - The log reports some flights as thousands of miles or flight made 20 years ago! . Assume will be fixed in next release?
Unable to Auto Bracket via the remote - Only way is with the app. - This has not been fixed with the latest update (v1.0.5)
No AE lock in android app - Again, this feature is imperative for serious videography. Can we expect this in v1.0.6?
I haven't seen any reports of Inspire 1 flyaways yet.

Has that been an issue for anyone you know of? I think we all know it was an issue with the Phantom 2, previous version (the jury is still out on the P2 current version)

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and the inspire (just got it a few days ago). Maybe a stupid question upfront, but what is a or the DNG??
any info would be great.

about the issues I only noticed the YAW problem only slightly going to the left but will do the IMU calibration and see if the issue resolves. thank you guys for the great support here.

thanks
Martin

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and the inspire (just got it a few days ago). Maybe a stupid question upfront, but what is a or the DNG??
any info would be great.
thanks
Martin

DNG is a universal raw-photofile. It gives more possibilities for photo editing than JPG's.

DNG is a universal raw-photofile. It gives more possibilities for photo editing than JPG's.

thank you :) by any chance can someone also tell or explain what the transcoder is? I am still figuring the android app out... don´t have iPhone... :)

an issue I ran into just yesterday. I think I posted it in the wrong thread. I do not know if this is the right one but would like to add the problem to the list if it´s worth it...

I copy and pasted what I wrote last night here:

I am just calibrating in advanced settings the IMU can someone tell me any good values?
I am hoping to eliminate the slight YAW turning I experienced today... the software told me it will take about 5-10 min...
my arms and T shells seem to be ok and yes I have the warranty sticker version... :(

sorry again for the edit, I hope it´s ok to calib in the living room... with floor heating and wooden floor... or?
calib said IMU is good now.. will check tomorrow outside :)
I would not really have a level surface outside...

cheers

adding on:
I switched on everything no camera installed for the IMU calib. after failing to update my flight log into the cloud I just restarted my phone (s4active). app launches and up comes this error message:
did anyone ran into this before?
after restarting both units (remote and aircraft) everything seems to be working fine....

That would concern me. I would check all the firmware on both the Inspire and the Tx. If you see that again, I would not fly and have DJI check it out.

I put the transmitter up to charge and will check again. my problem is that I sit in Hungary and the nearest service point is in germany... and the shop has no spare transmitter for me use for the time so I would have to sit tight and wait for ages... I did the firmware update on all units. (bird and the two transmitters).
I will recheck and make a firmware update again overwriting the current version to the same V1.2.0.16. (question is if the logs will be deleted or not) I am thinking of the battery charges I made, the flight time etc...

will keep you updated if I have resolved the issue and if yes how.

I charged the Transmitter and now the error messages went down to one. all functions are ok and work.
I will do a flight test. I contacted DJI germany support and also sent them the things I noticed.

here the new or the error that is left since I fully charged the transmitter.

checked the firmware on all units and the app says latest firmware. any ideas? everything works fine... controls are good (tested with no props on).
why is the simulator not available on android devices?
can anyone tell?

I figured out what the problem was. I mounted the camera and all errors were gone.. not remote battery error... and others also GONE... don´t know how this links together when the camera is not on but with the camera on expect these errors to come up. don´t worry I think it´s just a bug.
everything is good now.

Be very careful. I have powered up my system without the camera on, the only error that I get is the disconnected notice in the status bar.

I had a testrun today and the bird work perfectly fine... no issues. no vibrations, no YAWing - I did the IMU calib, and thankfully NO problems at ALL... even the errors are gone... I will recharge the battery and check again without the camera installed.
the I1 was working without the cam installed but showed these errors.. but neither my shop nor the european support had heard of this problem before and said that might be a bug... but I started on three routes now. my shop, here and the europe support... If either one has some info I will get to know... in any case I am a "happy" beta I1 user and the bird works good for now. I think it might be something like the vibrations problem.. some have it and some don´t... my shop had not heard of it. I will send them the forum link so they can keep up to date with I1 stuff and issues.

I will keep you posted with what I found out if you like.

Last edited:
Had the same problem with battery error without camera. No problem when cam is installed. Reported to DJI over live chat and received email from them that not big issue if camera install and flying well. It is just a bug and will be update on next firmware.

Here is the content of the email I received.

"
pwrHbg7u2q3tMXF1wzNuxYG_Js3JFrs8LVS-8COVpjw9Iz8auWU9QEvgigLoJY_if2gxsFsWtfMLNBLKDTyaEZESs6GQsEfU_42017ejdiXGmAR1LZR1cE28LmpCbsLK2PtF0u6YW2LsmipLTD1oSzr4gO5zexFdhN0sKKiz_xy5d1lKlvWDsLdrNN-4uztxLJmJUZFpZlRmtP3Ff3ywZKKJ2-ZC=s0-d-e1-ft

Julian.Zhu (DJI)

Feb 14, 16:36

Hi,

I just confirmed your case with our R&D department,it is a small bug in the APP of the android device, dont be worried, since it is normal if you install your camera.

We will perfect this in the next version.Sorry about this.

Best Regards.

Julian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool