Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Litchi app with second RC

Reaction score
I have read somewhere that while using the litchi app with main RC, the slave RC can control the inspire's camera gimble. My question is this, is this correct, and does the slave RC's tablet utilise the Dji go app to do this, if so could the slave RC's tablet be an iPad. I am aware that the litchi app is only available for android devices. ( not sure whether this question should be posted under general discussion, or under Dji pilot app ) sorry editor if I've picked the wrong one.

I personally use Litchi with an Android (nVidia Shield) and a 2nd remote on an iPad running DJI GO.

I have read somewhere that while using the litchi app with main RC, the slave RC can control the inspire's camera gimble. My question is this, is this correct, and does the slave RC's tablet utilise the Dji go app to do this, if so could the slave RC's tablet be an iPad. I am aware that the litchi app is only available for android devices. ( not sure whether this question should be posted under general discussion, or under Dji pilot app ) sorry editor if I've picked the wrong one.

I personally use Litchi with an Android (nVidia Shield) and a 2nd remote on an iPad running DJI GO.
Thanks Ascender, does that mean that while you are flying the inspire with litchi on your nVidia Shield, you can simultaneously use the second RC with the iPad and DJI GO to control the inspire's camera gimble, I have an iPad Air 2 with the Dji go app, I want to start using litchi and know I'll have to buy an android tablet, but didn't want to by two android tablets. Thanks again for your time.

Yes that's exactly what it means. Because Litchi offers the Magic Lease software (it's like a transponder for Folow Me mode) on iOS, the iPad can also provide other functionality to the master running Litchi.

This usefulness is not limited to Litchi either. For example, I run Drone Deploy on my nVidia Shield (which I also highly recommend both for its display and processing power) while viewing on my iPad. Though I have used gimbal control on the iOS device slave, I more often use it as a display with my iPad mounted at eye level on a tripod for myself or spectators.

[FYI when you do run DJI GO on the slave, running F Mode on the master will prompt you to select a flight mode option on the slave display but that can be disabled with the hide command.]

Yes that's exactly what it means. Because Litchi offers the Magic Lease software (it's like a transponder for Folow Me mode) on iOS, the iPad can also provide other functionality to the master running Litchi.

This usefulness is not limited to Litchi either. For example, I run Drone Deploy on my nVidia Shield (which I also highly recommend both for its display and processing power) while viewing on my iPad. Though I have used gimbal control on the iOS device slave, I more often use it as a display with my iPad mounted at eye level on a tripod for myself or spectators.

[FYI when you do run DJI GO on the slave, running F Mode on the master will prompt you to select a flight mode option on the slave display but that can be disabled with the hide command.]
Thanks again for the info, that's all good news for me.

Reactions: Ascender
You're welcome- love to be the bearer of good news. Litchi has some pretty great functionality by the way, and their support team is very responsive via email. Though it's expensive to acquire an Android device, it will be worth the expanded capability IMO. There are so many apps that work in only iOS or only Android- that's why I bought my Shield tablet.

Thanks again for the info, that's all good news for me.

Reactions: Cjvw
I'm just getting into Litchi but really liking what I'm seeing already. Thanks for the info on operating it with two controllers. Sounds like I need to budget for a Shield tablet. Black Friday maybe....

Reactions: Ascender
litchi is a goog software at firs time i have think that to be in the beta program there was excg=hange betwen us
but nothing the hotline is goog but for the new extension you need to pay and they don t want to make any development for the x5

they just want to sell plugin that was not very proffessional

i work with dji on master control and dji on the slave pad
thanks

sorry litchi on the master pad and dji pilot on the slave
and it was good solution

I literally just stumbled on this a few days ago as well, but couldn't seem to get my second remote to control the camera while running DJI Go on the camera remote and Litchi on the main remote.

Can I use the litchi on the main controller to setup waypoints and also use litchi on the second to use the vr mode for head tracking on the gimbal? I think this would be an ideal setting for filming if it would work.

Litchi is available for both Android and iOS, but one wrinkle I have run into is you need to buy it twice; one for each operating system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk