Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Litchi Beta Testing

Reaction score
Hi all!

We released Litchi's 2.0 beta version on Android today, if you are interested you can sign up for beta at http://flylitchi.com/beta

Feature Highlights:

• Advanced Ground Station editor allowing you to setup classic missions as well as Cable Cams, Selfies, Panoramas, with real time controls
  • Virtual Reality mode compatible with most mobile VR goggles such as Freefly VR, Durovis, Homido, Gear VR, etc
  • Head Tracking in VR mode, including yaw for the Inspire 1
  • Follow me with advanced settings and real time controls
  • Option to use external mobile device as Follow me target by using Litchi Magic Leash (Litchi Magic Leash - Android Apps on Google Play), this means you don't have to carry the RC around with you
  • Follow touch mode, place a marker anywhere on the map, drag it around and the aircraft will follow it
  • Orbit mode with advanced settings and real time controls
  • Ability to save and load Ground Station missions and Orbit flights
  • Course Lock / Home Lock
  • Auto record
  • Choice between Hardware and Software Video decoder
  • Human Readable flight logs (compatible with Dashware's Flytrex profile)
  • Maximum altitude setting allowing more than 500m

FAQ

- Do I need to buy the Phantom 2 version of the app in order to beta test?
Yes. Litchi is originally a Phantom 2 app, and we cannot make the app free for testers as it is already released for Phantom 2 users.

- Do I need to install a specific firmware to beta test Litchi?
Yes. The firmwares are provided by DJI and are required.

- Which aircraft models are supported by Litchi?
P2V, P2V+, P3A, P3P and Inspire1.

- Why is the app not connecting to my Phantom 3/Inspire 1?
When starting the app for the first time, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to validate the app with DJI servers. Additionally, if DJI Go is your default app for the usb RC connection, you will need to clear the defaults for DJI Go (Settings -> Apps -> DJI Go -> Clear Defaults).

- Hardware vs Software video decoder, which one to choose?
Software is default, but Hardware is recommended. VR mode only works using the hardware decoder, and generally the hardware decoder will have better performance. That being said, the hardware decoder may not work for all devices.

- When will the app be released?
Hopefully, as soon as DJI releases a firmware that is compatible with SDK apps.

- Is there a manual/documentation?
Not currently, but it's in the works!

- Is there an iOS version?
No, maybe in the future.

- Where can I change camera settings?
Currently you have to use DJI Go to change camera settings, they will stick through. In the future we will add them to Litchi.

Last edited:
I use both IOS and Android. I want to have the choice.
And have redundancy in case any IOS or Android update goes wrong, I still can fly with the other. Served me well until now.

With no iOS app that is at least 50% or more of your potential users lost.
We realize that but with the resources that we have we can't develop for both platforms at the same time unfortunately. We're also going to release Litchi Magic Leash on iOS, so you can pair an Android device with an iOS device for Follow me without RC (the app is currently being reviewed by Apple).

Last edited:
I tried to sign up and after jumping through all the hoops was eventually presented with a Buy Now screen!

I tried to sign up and after jumping through all the hoops was eventually presented with a Buy Now screen!
VC tech said you need to buy the P2 version in order to test the newer Dji Models.

not even a manual yet and having to clear Go app settings to default is a pain. I think I'll wait.

Last edited:
Read the first question in the FAQ in the first post.
Try reading the opening paragraph...
We released Litchi's 2.0 beta version on Android today, if you are interested you can sign up for beta at FAQ - Litchi
In fact since this app can only be purchased, This thread should be in the Classified Section

lets move autoflight to the classified section too since the beta is now over and it's been submitted to the app store for purchase...

After I installed Litchi on my Samsung, DJI GO didn't function anymore. Couldn't find my Inspire1 anymore. Only after I removed Litchi, DJI GO started to work again. Did a full reinstall of DJI GO first, before removing Litchi, but didn't help.

What could have caused this? I'm not installing Litchi anymore, unless I'm sure these problems have been solved.
The program looks great, combination of waypoints and follow me.
I must however conclude, the on screen information, specially where you have to set distances and heights etc, are VERY small on my phone screen.

Did you set Litchi as default app for the USB connection? Go to Settings -> Apps -> Litchi -> Clear Defaults. Then when you connect the RC it will ask you which app you want to use, choose any but don't select "always/default" otherwise you will only be able to use that app (until you clear defaults again).

Which device/android version are you using?

Did you set Litchi as default app for the USB connection? Go to Settings -> Apps -> Litchi -> Clear Defaults. Then when you connect the RC it will ask you which app you want to use, choose any but don't select "always/default" otherwise you will only be able to use that app (until you clear defaults again).
that must have been it.

I'll try to clear the defaults. Thanks.

You can update to the latest public firmware however do not use it with the current version of Litchi (2.0.4 or before), Litchi will be updated for this new firmware and released very soon (2.0.5).

Reactions: UAV Man
Litchi's features are documented here: Help - Litchi
Still missing GS/Waypoints documentation, but it will be added soon.
2.0.5, our first P3/I1 release, is being deployed to the play store. Compatible with the latest public firmware!

Reactions: UAV Man

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan