Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Litchi Beta Testing

It does not, for VR to work you will want to insert the mobile phone inside the goggles so the screen sits in front of your eyes.
Some of the supported goggles are listed here: Help - Litchi

Litchi for P3/Inspire has been released already, beta testing is over (for now anyway).
Upgrade is free for existing users as it is the same app.

Just finished upgrading the Inspire1 to latest firmware from 1.2.0 to 1.3 then the final 1.4.
Inspire1..two batteries....tx etc ...all went according to the instructions and it all looks and runs good on the bench.
Samsung Tab S SM T700 tablet WiFi (only) now on DJIGO app.
Purchased Litchi version 2.0.6...very nice work guys.
Everything is set ready to go out weather depending ..this week for some waypoint flying.
I have been flying way points for over a year now on a APM2.7 on aircraft with great success.
If this works as good as my existing systems I will be a happy camper.
To the Litchi design crew...great work..just itching to make it happen.

Attachments

• Inspire at RMAC.jpg
    Inspire at RMAC.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 25
Did my first way point flights with the new firmware up dates and the Litchi App.
DJIGO app way points do not do what I want ...so I have Litchi app running.
Two battery packs ...first to sort out the new firmware updates to see how the Inspire handles...all good.
Second battery..ran three way point missions that I programed the night before..at home.
The final result....perfect.
Let the Inspire go out to max line of sight....no video or radio issues....no alarms.....no disconnections.
Initiate return to home....all went very well.
Now I can use the Inspire as how it was advertised when I ordered it back in Feb 2015.
I do not fly near buildings...forest...cars or high obstacles.
I do a site recon before even attempting to plan a mission.
Apart from some fine tuning of my flight plan parameters...the Litchi App is doing exactly what I want.
That's what I call service...great job Litchi team.....this is confidence building.
...Pete

Reactions: blusnapper
That would make this app VERY EXPENSIVE!
I have an Ipad that is dedicated for flying the Inspire, if the developers of this app want to capture a bigger market share, they should learn to develop for IOS..

Aussie Pete

Have you used the Litchi app waypoint mode to fly a distance greater than 500m?

Earlier this week I set out with my Inspire 1 to produce some video for a friend who farms 290 acres. I set up just 5 waypoints for my first flight, the furthest being 542 metres away and the copter refused to fly coming up with the message “One or more waypoints are far away”

I was under the impression there is no limit on waypoint distance with Litchi. Can you confirm?

Hi ...blusnapper.
Look in the settings icon (top right of screen..3 gear wheels ) and the 5th line down.
"Map Safe Area Radius" and change it to say 600 m...or even 1000m
Mine version ( latest ) lets me change this setting.
The reason for this red circle , around the area you are flying , when you zoom down in the map screen, is a "warning" on how far you are flying away from the transmitter and is asking you to be aware that you are going out further if you change from the original setting of 500m
I have not reached this red line yet...so I guess it is a safe guard to not allow you to go too far away from your intended mission.
I will also try this maybe tomorrow and let you know.
The crops I fly over are 800m in diameter and I only fly to the center radius...eg 400m so I would not have seen this issue come up ...yet.
...Pete
some where I read that it will stop your aircraft passing the line...you can't go any further than the red line...where ever you set the Map Safe Area Radius to.....I am unsure , until I try it out myself.

Last edited:
Hi Pete, thanks for your swift reply.

I had already set my "safe area radius" to 750m before flying the waypoints and from what I have read it is only a warning parameter. I cannot find any other settings in the app that restrict distance so I am at a loss.

I would appreciate you checking this out when you fly your Inspire again. Thanks once again.

Eric

blusnapper...while I get time to do this test , have look in the DJI App..top r/h side.....drop down menue...MC Settings....second line down.
"Distance limit"..is it turned on or off..????
My App is 2.1.0 ( latest upgrade) DJIGO
Firmware is 1.4.0

blusnapper...while I get time to do this test , have look in the DJI App..top r/h side.....drop down menue...MC Settings....second line down.
"Distance limit"..is it turned on or off..????
My App is 2.1.0 ( latest upgrade) DJIGO
Firmware is 1.4.0

Yes, it's switched off Pete and I am on the latest DJI firmware. I'm just hoping that it's me having a senior moment and not a lock in the DJI code stopping the Litchi app from overriding the 500m limit.

Earlier this week I set out with my Inspire 1 to produce some video for a friend who farms 290 acres. I set up just 5 waypoints for my first flight, the furthest being 542 metres away and the copter refused to fly coming up with the message “One or more waypoints are far away”
This message is only a warning shown in the preflight report in yellow. It is not the reason your mission won't start.

VC Tech... thanks for that. I was unable to upload the mission after getting the message and from your comments something else was stopping the mission. We have heavy rain at the moment but I will carry out a few more tests when the weather improves and report back.

This message is only a warning shown in the preflight report in yellow. It is not the reason your mission won't start.

The weather has kept me grounded over the past few days but I managed to get couple of flights in this morning. The first flight was a repeat of the last waypoint series with the boundary extended to 1000m and, once again, the same message and the mission refused to load. I decided to start from scratch and removed Litchi and then re-installed. Bingo - this time despite getting the same message that the waypoints were far away the mission loaded and flew perfectly - 7 waypoints (maximum distance 750 metres). I get the impression that the software is not 100% solid at the moment but the Litchi app is certainly head and shoulders above the DJI offering and it can only get better. Keep up the good work!

Hi ..blusnapper.
Good new...you are in the air with way points passed the 500m mark.
Glad you got your head around it.
Safe flying mate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin