Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Litchi users

Reaction score
Just got a message from Vtech(Litchi) that forthcoming firmware upgrade will not compatible with Lichi,so I suggest if you use Litchy wait awhile.
Quote from Vtech:do not install this firmware, it is not compatible with Litchi.

Reactions: Machoman
Well Litchi works very well like it is with actual firmware. Why should they risk getting more limits as already happened (Orbit radius, speed)?

It would only make sense if DJI lifts restrictions or brings fantastic new features in firmware (no idea what this could be) that outweights the disadvantages.

It would only make sense if DJI lifts restrictions or brings fantastic new features in firmware (no idea what this could be) that outweights the disadvantages.
You can be sure that hidden limits will appear in new firmware.Like the never mentioned lower speed.
But I only bring this because I did got this message from Vtech

Reactions: crashburn
OK here is an update which I Got from Vtech:
The SDK 2.4 has no new "big" features that Litchi did not already have, unless I missed something.
We will not create a separate app as it would require another DJI developer license and we will not maintain a 2nd version because it is a lot of extra work which we'd rather spend on new features. If you choose to stay on the old firmware when DJI releases the new public firmware, then you should also stay on the old version of Litchi, simply because we will no longer test/support older firmwares.
The new SDK 2.4 will set a altitude limit while using Litchi.I use Litchi when flying in mountains and start at the bottom.Meanwhile I stay at 30 mtr above the ground I can go up over 500 mtr altitude.
I do this for my job to make this clear.
When I bought the Inspire these limits where not there.I do understand when you go up 120 mtr vertical above that it will be dangerous and I don't do this.
But it 's clear to me that more limits will be build in with the new firmware,so for me upgrading comes to an end.

I agree I will also not update. I understand why Litchi does this its just because 99% of customers will fall into the trap and get the limits. Only few will know about it and stay away.

Maybe they will think again when there come more new limits and they cannot get out any advantage over DJI GO anymore in future.

Well Litchi works very well like it is with actual firmware. Why should they risk getting more limits as already happened (Orbit radius, speed)?

I
I am interested in Litchi and needed to know if DJ GO app is required to run Litchi. In reading posts I see members listing DJ GO version.
When DJI released Go App 2.4.1 , running on a Samsung Tab S it would not connect to RC but no issues with earlier versions, is this an issue with Litchi?
How long can you upgrade once you buy the app? forever?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84